extra parts

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

corpse

Reaction score
so what do you do with all them extra parts you got ?

heres what i did .

got a buddy i use to work with comeing out to see us fly are rockets, and his old lady won't let him get one .
so i made him one.

just hope it fly.

Hey, I recognize some of those from the Estes "gotta-get-some-more-parts-but-I-don't-know-where-else-to-get-them" Designers Kit.

I really think that is where some of the big name rocket kit designers get their ideas from, too. They grab a bunch of stuff that isn't selling well, fashion it into a flight-worthy shape, throw a spiffy paint scheme on it, package it with some spacey-looking background for the pictures, and sell it for 2x what the parts cost. I'd do the same thing if I had enough spare parts (I've got a growing collection, but haven't had enough crashes yet to get a good supply.)

WW

Nice rocket, with that Mercury nosecone painted white, it looks like some sort of flying bottle with fins!

Glenn

I don't think that is a Mercury NC. I believe that is the extra piece you get in the Python 4 ASRAAM, which is a BT-55 to BT-20 transition. Although it's not a Mercury capsule, it could be easily adapted to look like one for sport scale.

Jason

can't remember what it came with.
yes it is a BT-55 to BT-20 transition.

just hope it works as a nose cone .
hope to see if it will fly on sunday if weather is nice.
its only 12 inch long and very lite.
i think a C6-7 shold go pretty good it

corpse,

Great use of extra parts! Keep your eye out for the Estes Stormcaster that comes with the BT55-60 transition.

One thing I do periodically with spare parts is gather up a bunch and sell them on ebay--kind of like a rocket garage sale. It's amazing what folks will pay for my "junk". Of course, all my profits go toward buying more rockets...

MetMan

Keep your eye out for the Estes Stormcaster that comes with the BT55-60 transition.

Make an "Escape Tower" out of toothpicks That would be kinda neat!

sandman

took the exter parts out today.
did not fly to good.
BUT it was one of the funnyest .
it did cartwheels. LMFAO!

i think i need more nose weight. it was a little ars heavy.

we'll see tomorrow if i was right

Originally posted by corpse
got a buddy i use to work with comeing out to see us fly are rockets, and his old lady won't let him get one .

Maybe if he quits calling her his "old lady".
:D
Seriously, "won't let him get one"? Who wears the pair in that family?

Fishhead

she does LOL

well put more nose wight in that thing and went out on monday .
nice day to fly. tell the 4th launch. wind started to pick up abit.

shot that thing off on a B6-4 and no cartwheels this time went up very nice and came down about 20 feet away from the launch pad. next time we'll use a C6-7.

then Todd can take it home and say LOOK WHAT I GOT !
HAHAHAHAHA

was going to name it the USS RETODD but Vicious
sent me a e-mail and said YOUR NOT RIGHT DUDE !
but after the 1st flight it would of fit.

Back