Explain why you never check what's on page 2

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hobie1dog

Sea Killer rocket
TRF Supporter
Reaction score
I've been paying attention for quite some time how there are threads that concern people but they never respond to the threads. It is obvious that they never go beyond page one, as if that must be the only important topics, so I'm curious as to why most people, and I emphasize most, or maybe I should say even partial groups of people only see what's on page 1. I'm just curious

You can always tag someone so they know they were mentioned in a particular thread. I'll do that if I really want someone to see something I wrote.

this is why I'm always hesitant to create happy birthday threads, as a good 50% of the time you will look and see that the person is online at the time that their thread is still on page one, or the first part of page two, and they never respond.

Same reason I never check what's on page 3. And 4. And 5. And 6...

even when you've been away for several days?
There’s usually enough on page 1 for me to get my entertainment fix. Sure there’s more but I spend enough time here already.

Last edited:
this is why I'm always hesitant to create happy birthday threads, as a good 50% of the time you will look and see that the person is online at the time that their thread is still on page one, or the first part of page two, and they never respond.
Maybe they think the thread is ridiculous and do not feel a need to respond.

I'm here often enough that I assume whatever has scrolled off onto page two, is something that a) I already read, or b) I already ignored when it was on page 1. Otherwise, if I want to post to something that has scrolled off, such as a cat thread, dog thread, SpaceX thread, etc., I'll just click search, and then type my post. I *might* go to page two to look for it, but if it's scrolled farther down the list than that, I'm almost certainly going to just use the search function.

My problem here on TRF is I go down rabbit holes. I read a topic, then see the related topics at the bottom of the page, and then read all that. I've accidentally revived threads by posting a response to a series of pages that went back to 2019 or earlier. I keep absorbing knowledge. Soon my head is going to burst.

Maybe they think the thread is ridiculous and do not feel a need to respond.

Maybe you're a person that doesn't appreciate a rocket community recognizing it, and, just wishing goodwill when you live another year......

Don't bother responding--no need.

I simply close my eyes and floor it. Tomorrow is another sunny day for a top down drive to my favorite coffee shop. It's good to be me.

Back