Experts-Choice decal film

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gunstar

Reaction score
I got a sheet of Experts-Choice decal film for laser printers. When I tried to print it, the black toner parts came out really messed up. It was offset from the other colors and didn't fully stick to the page. I had to print a couple of paper pages to clean off the roller. I had the printer settings set for plain paper, do I need to set it to cardstock or something? Anybody have success with this?

I would not normally use plain paper setting for decals. On their web page it says:
Photocopier Update:

The Bare-Metal Foil Co. has tested this product on a Cannon 550 and a Xerox Regal 5790 with great results. The test was conducted using the bypass trays on these machines. Some machines have a setting for transparencies or heavy stock. Please have the operator use this setting. We are happy to report that we have never heard of any cases of this paper damaging a photocopier.
This is for photocopiers but I would think similar considerations would apply for laser printers.

Here's what Sunnyscopa (brand I'm using currently) says:
  • Use printers with a manual feed slot.
  • Avoid laser printers that use solid ink. These include some models of Fuji Xerox and Cannon.
  • Large format plotters and Samsung printers tend to be less compatible.
  • Under printer settings, set media type as "label paper" or heavy glossy paper"

Back