Expected altitude for an Squirrel Works Vulture?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bill S

Reaction score
I've been making up flight cards for my rockets, and one of the things I include is which engines are compatible and the expected altitude. Sometimes I have to guess, since some of the rockets don't have a Rocksim file available. I have a Squirrel Works Vulture, and have no idea as to expected altitude. Even with Estes rockets, they list a max altitude, and I can extrapolate from there, but not in this case.

Has anyone ever used an altimeter on a Vulture? Or gotten rough altitude figures from flying one?

Mine is about 10% overweight (1.67oz vs 1.5 oz on the packaging).
Thanks.

Thanks. :)

How accurate is the Thrustcurve site? I've only used it a handful of times, and have no idea as to accuracy.

Still, a decent estimation.

Thanks. :)

How accurate is the Thrustcurve site? I've only used it a handful of times, and have no idea as to accuracy.

Still, a decent estimation.
Better than eyeballing it, not quite as good as a detailed sim esp. WRT atmosphere, etc

Gotcha. I probably should have weighed all the parts before I built it and Rocksim'd it, but forgot.

Back