Excelsior Rocketry?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tsmgguy

Reaction score
Hello, all!

Does anyone know anything about Excelsior rocketry? I ordered scale V-2 decals from them, but the decals have not showed up and I've gotten no response to my emails. I paid using Pay Pal, and ordered directly from their web site using their online store / cart functions. It's been well over a month.

Many thanks!

I ordered the whole doggone Red Max family a few weeks ago and am also looking forward to getting them in the air.

If it's a Red Max, I'm all over it.

That is funny, I am doing the same thing with the red Max as well as the Blue Bird Zero and the Goblin!

Last edited:
I've had a similar experience. I ordered some Long Tom decals from him in February via his website using PayPal. The transaction processed on February 28th and still no decals. I've sent e-mails and get no response. I'll take everyone's word on the fact that the guys makes a good product and his regualr job has his orders backed up. He should post something on his website and quit accepting new orders until he can get rid of the backlog which I am assuming may be quite large.

Rocketron

You know Phred's (Excelsior) products are first-rate, but even I'm getting a bit discouraged at this point. Has anyone heard from him at all? Has anyone received any decals since in the past few months? Does anyone have contact information, other than the web site?

You know Phred's (Excelsior) products are first-rate, but even I'm getting a bit discouraged at this point. Has anyone heard from him at all? Has anyone received any decals since in the past few months? Does anyone have contact information, other than the web site?

He posted the following on YORF on 3/9, an update on his website:
"A note on shiping times: Although I do my best to ship orders as quickly as possible, please keep in mind that Excelsior Rocketry is a small one an operation. This is a sideline business and a true labor of love for me. I am not making a living printing decals, and I have a full time job that takes up a great deal of my time which also pays my (and sometimes Excelsior Rocketry's) bills. At times I am called of town on little or no notice, and am unable to update the website. Again, I do my best to ship as quickly as possible, sometimes on the same day, but due to my other responsibilitis, please allow 4-6 weeks for delivery. "

I say hang in there a bit longer.

Yes I saw that post however, even with that said it's been nearly a month. I haven't placed my current order, but have placed many in the past. Just am concerned, as I'd like to place another order but don't want to wait a few months for them.

I learned a long time ago that Communication is key in all forms of business.

An Email would do wonders.

My Opinion

I had ordered two sets of V-2 decals from Phred. One set finally showed up after almost three months. They are beautifully done and packaged, and include instructions and a nice note. Well worth the wait. Now I'm only short one order . . .

Back