Excelsior Rocketry FOR SALE

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi Gang,

Due to the increased time that my full time job is demanding of me, as well as the demands of my personal life, I have decided to place Excelsior Rocketry up for sale. This decision is made with heavy heart, after much soul searching.

The new owner will receive everything: hundreds of decal files in Coreldraw format,
ALPS printers, including the latest MD5500 direct from Japan, all stock including a large assortment of ALPS ink, an assortment of decals, and hundreds of sheets of decal paper. Rights to the name, access to the business history, website, etc. As part of the deal, I will provide technical assistance to get the ball rolling.

Interested parties should email me directly at:

[email protected]

In the meantime, Excelsior will continue to fill orders.

Phred

Bummer. You are still accepting orders right?

Hi Gang,

Due to the increased time that my full time job is demanding of me, as well as the demands of my personal life, I have decided to place Excelsior Rocketry up for sale. This decision is made with heavy heart, after much soul searching.

The new owner will receive everything: hundreds of decal files in Coreldraw format,
ALPS printers, including the latest MD5500 direct from Japan, all stock including a large assortment of ALPS ink, an assortment of decals, and hundreds of sheets of decal paper. Rights to the name, access to the business history, website, etc. As part of the deal, I will provide technical assistance to get the ball rolling.

Interested parties should email me directly at:

[email protected]

In the meantime, Excelsior will continue to fill orders.

Phred

Sorry to hear that Phred!

Glad I had the chance to meet you at NARAM 50.

Ben

Thanks Guys,

Yes, we are still accepting, printing and shipping orders at this time. If that changes, I will post here.

Phred

Would it be possible to post a (rough) list of the decals you have in stock?
(Maybe some of us could help you liquidate some of that inventory.)

Unless making a list is more trouble than it's worth--

Sorry to see you shutting down, but understand about time reqd for work.

You've provided a valuable service to the rocketry community -- best of luck to you and your family!

Fred, Thanks for the work you have done for the hobby, and for me, in supplying needed decals. Hopefully you can find a buyer, and all will work out amicably, would hate to see the hole left if you have to close shop, but I understand your situation. Wish you and your family the best.

Mike Dickinson

Sorry to hear about this Phred, I sent you an e-mail earlier can you let me know your answer please

Phred,

If you happen onto the message board, I've sent you a couple of e-mails.

Thanks,
Troy

Thanks for all of the kind wishes. Without YORF and TRF, there would not be an Excelsior Rocketry.

I am very happy to say that I am in serious negotiations with a prospective new owner. When the deal is completed, I will be able to say more, but I believe that the rocket community will be happy.

I am still shipping orders, so if you have one in please do not fret.
I a sending confirmation emails when I ship.

I will still be buiilding and flying model rockets, soi look forward to many more years of TRF!

Finally, thanks GUS! I needed the laugh today....

Phred

Fred,

Thanks for all that you have done for rocketry.

Is the new owner likely to continue all of your decal line? If not, should I (and others) try to get orders in before the the sale?

Knock, knock, anyone home? Phred I realize you're tremendously busy but, I've sent you a few e-mails asking about ordering and some other Interceptor decals. Any chance on hearing something back? I'd love to place an order right now, just need a confirmation from you.

For anyone else, have your got your decal orders recently?

Knock, knock, anyone home? Phred I realize you're tremendously busy but, I've sent you a few e-mails asking about ordering and some other Interceptor decals. Any chance on hearing something back? I'd love to place an order right now, just need a confirmation from you.

For anyone else, have your got your decal orders recently?

I received my decals yesterday and Phred said he would be heading out of town. Here's the email I received the other day.

Thanks for your order to Excelsior Rocketry.

As you may have seen on TRF or YORF, we are very backed up on orders at this time.
Right now, we are working through the last of the March orders. We had hoped to get them all out this week, but I have been called away on business for the next few days. I will return on Monday to send out the final orders for March. If you do not receive an email later today stating that your order has shipped, it will ship early next week.

Thanks for your patience.

Phred

I've ordered from Phred, numerous times, with great success and admiration, albeit taking a while.

Would like to get in one last order from him but, am just nervous as the business is up for sell and I haven't received any responses to any e-mails.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I am very pleased to announce that ROACHWERKS CUSTOM MACHINING is now (when the check finally clears) the proud new owner operator of EXCELCIOR ROCKETRY !

All decal sets that are currently being produced by EXCELCIOR ROCKETRY will continue to be produced. Even the Goonies! Nothing will change except the address!

All custom orders currently in the "pipeline" will be completed but no new orders at this time.

By "at this time" I mean temporarily until Phred finishes the orders he has in house and can box up all the equipment and ship it to me.

Please, please give me at least 3 weeks (more would be better!) to make the transition.

I work from my home so I'm always available.

OK...everybody can do the happy happy joy joy dance!

I'm excited! :D:D:D:D

Hey Gordon this is pretty good news! Congrats!

Look forward to see you up and running on this soon.

Congrats again!

VERY Good News!

I'm sure Phred is excited too.....He knows that he's handing it off to someone who will take good care of it.

Way to go GORDY!!! Happy Happy Joy Joy

:)

Thanks guys, i won't let you down.

Hey, even my wife is happy about this...go figure!:D

Thanks guys, i won't let you down.
You better not!:mad: j/k..I am SURE you won't let us down! ;)

Hey, even my wife is happy about this...go figure!:D

Hmmmm...Just as a 'casual' observer I can see why..Seems that you were probably one of Phred's biggest costumers and now those decals will be made 'in house'..:D

Way to go ..Is indeed a happy day! :D

Congrats to both Gordie and Fred (and thanks to both as well :) )

Keep us posted on the transition and let us know if you're going to be attending NEMROC in october as Phred often did :D Heck, Phred could even join you here and show you how its done!

Congrats!!!:D:D:D

So has the name changed from "Excelsior Rocketry" to "EXCELCIOR ROCKETRY " or are you still getting used to your new company Gordo?;)

Back