Excelsior Decals are Great

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes they are. All of them. Semroc and Excelsior.

MarkII

DSCF1090.jpg

The Bat_03a.jpg

Why are the letters in the word "BAT" skinnier on your decal than they are on mine? I purchased my decal set from Excelsior as well, a couple of years ago.

MarkII

Why are the letters in the word "BAT" skinnier on your decal than they are on mine? I purchased my decal set from Excelsior as well, a couple of years ago.

MarkII

I've been trying to verifying the correct size of the lettering on all the decal files that I inherited.

"The Bat" lettering does have to be adjusted. I can do that real easy. I've learned a few Corel "tricks".;)

Let me know if you want a replacement.

Gordy

I agree; your decal does look fine. The only reason that I said anything was because the lettering looked slightly different from mine, and yet we both got our sets from the same source. I think that you did a fine job on your Bat.

MarkII

Nice looking patriot in the background on the one pic.

Oh and the other rocket looks nice as well. lol, reminds me that I need to get around to clear coating and decaling two of mine that are nearly done. Thanks for that :cheers:

Yes, the decals from Sandman are excellent. The Bat is a great flyer!

EstesTheBat.jpg

I gotta agree with everyone, If there is a decal I can't do I send them to sandman! keep it up Gordie!

I have the same problem with some of the decal files too, It is really hard to scale them exactly sometimes. Sometimes the best thing is the TLAR method...

That looks about right! :D

Keep it up Sandman.

I gotta agree with everyone, If there is a decal I can't do I send them to sandman! keep it up Gordie!

I have the same problem with some of the decal files too, It is really hard to scale them exactly sometimes. Sometimes the best thing is the TLAR method...

That looks about right! :D

Keep it up Sandman.

Thanks, I'm trying.

Sandman,

I have tried (unsuccessfully) to make white decals, how the heck did you make those beautiful bat decals. Alps printer?

Sandman,

I have tried (unsuccessfully) to make white decals, how the heck did you make those beautiful bat decals. Alps printer?

An Alps printer is one of the only ways to do that.

BTW, the BAT decals have been "fixed" with the thicker lettering.

I have to rely on you guys to find this stuff!

Now, next question, does anybody have an original Centuri "EGG Crate" decal set they can scan?

Sandman

Aren't Alps printers obselet. I do not think they make them anymore. I know the cartridges are hard to get at best.

Sandman

Aren't Alps printers obselet. I do not think they make them anymore. I know the cartridges are hard to get at best.

Not really and again not really if you know where to look!;)

The printers are available out of New Zealand.

Back