Excellent Labor Day Launch Session In Castle Rock, CO

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sweet! I went to grad school at CU-Boulder 1988-1993, and met my then-fiance there. Her parents lived in (well, up past) Larkspur at the time. We would often drive down for the weekend, and stop at Castle Rock to eat. Sometimes I would ride my bike down there to Wolfensberger and back, for a pretty good workout. There was a field near Perry Park Country Club that I flew some at with my finace and her little brother. I remember flying my Centuri SR-71 Blackbird, Estes Klingon battle cruiser, an Alpha, and a Competition Model Rockets Tachyon (rear ejection). I so miss that area - it was gorgeous.

Very cool, RF.
Yep, it's still a nice area to live, but the town is beginning to sprawl and it's becoming way more crowded. I think the population here is now well over 55,000.
More people/development = less pretty. It's a wee bit depressing for an old Colorado native like me to see the pristine mountain views and wide open spaces being steadily encroached on by humanity. And there are still more moving here daily......sigh!

I overfly Castle Rock when arriving DEN from PHX. I love the I-25 corridor...so much to do. Cool seeing Castle Rock behind the Ariane in the initial post.

Back