Everything is Bigger in Texas

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tmacklin

Reaction score
I don't know about "everything", but this rat was pretty robust. It made the mistake of gnawing the power cord on my miter saw and thus was sentenced to capital punishment along with two of its offspring. Macklin 3, Rats 0. :bangbang:

IMG_1470.jpg

You have to fix your saw, so I'm thinking it may be more like Rats 1, Macklin 3!

I don't know about "everything", but this rat was pretty robust. It made the mistake of gnawing the power cord on my miter saw and thus was sentenced to capital punishment along with two of its offspring. Macklin 3, Rats 0. :bangbang:

View attachment 316861

Around here that would be considered an adolescent at best. Brother-in-law lives near an exhibition grounds where they house horses and of course lots of feed which they love and breed like rabbits. He caught a really large one that covered a round mouth shovel and hung it's rear legs over the end.
Last year the exhibition grounds called in an exterminator who set 300 traps and a couple days later had rats in 270 of the traps:surprised:

I was on top off the new 11 story building, John Hopkins maybe? can't remember...in Kalamazoo, Michigan.
They were connecting it to the sewer.
I seen a sewer rat run across the site in front of the job trailer, probably 100 yds from the building.
As it ran by a scissor lift, about 6' long, I could tell this thing from nose to tail tip was about 5' long.
I was huge, fat huge, had to go 150-200lbs easy, maybe more. That's, a big rat.

The biggest rat that I saw was in Disneyland in the early 70's. I remember my parents wanting to take a picture of us two kids in front of the castle (we were far enough in front of the castle to get the whole thing in the view finder) along with Mickey. As it turned out, my parents were arguing and bickering over the camera when the "Rat" himself reached over and goosed me. My mouth dropped, he sauntered off and I told my folks I no longer cared for photo ops ever again. Prong you Mickey!

I remember one time walking down the sidewalk in Chicago and out of the corner of my eye I saw something hopping around in out of the shadows on the other side of the street like a small kangaroo. It was the biggest rat I ever saw.

My neighbors all have cats. I bought my house which had been vacant for about 15 years. Definitely a fixer-upper. Not a mouse or rat turd to be found. Needless to say, I don't even care if the cats use my garden for a litter box.

My neighbors all have cats. I bought my house which had been vacant for about 15 years. Definitely a fixer-upper. Not a mouse or rat turd to be found. Needless to say, I don't even care if the cats use my garden for a litter box.

Send them over to Disneyland.

Back