• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Rocketry Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Everything Estes Venus Probe

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

K'Tesh

.....OpenRocket's ..... "Chuck Norris"
TRF Supporter
Reaction score
I got someone who asked me for the instructions on them, but unfortunately, my plans (and surviving rockets) are safely inside a shipping container somewhere in Northern Jefferson State. Me, I'm exposed here in China.

Could you scan the instructions, fins, etc. for us?

600DPI .png files work best for me.

Thanks!
Jim

Can you wait till tomorrow night? I have 3 unopened kits I can get into.

Can you wait till tomorrow night? I have 3 unopened kits I can get into.

Sure!

I really wish my first one wouldn't have aimed for the blackberries and that tree that they ended up in. I still wish I could have found a way of sneaking onto that farm again and recovering Zane.

Just so you know... Completely and accurately simming the Venus Probe would take an order of enlightenment that would elevate me to OpenRocket God... I'm not ready for diefication yet. ;)

Last edited:
We'll see how well you pull it off. I may even try my hand at it. Just to see how close I can get.

Building one now... some parts already glued together, but I do have one unopened kit if Kruegon can't find his.

Chris

Part of the problem with me simming it is that I absolutely hated the fin can. I'm not a fan of 3 to 4 type (three fins becomes four fins) rockets, all too often they just look odd to me, and not the funny kind of odd that is a goony. My builds used the unused fins from the CC Express' that I bought for cloning the Cherokee D. Three legs on the probe, three fins on the booster. I thought it looked rather good that way.

My first was modified to take a 24mm motor after I had already built the motor mount (I cut it out, and replaced with very little visual evidence of the change (save for the width of the motor. The 2nd got the same treatment, but I didn't waste time building the motor mount. It was ready to fly back in November, but I had to scrub due to weather. The 3rd is actually built to take an E motor. However, I'm a little worried about that narrow body tube that connects the MMT/Fins to the forward body section. I'm worried that it'll burn through.

Don't give up on me. Work has demanded many hours. I'm going to be sorting through the boxes today to locate my kits. I need to be building one anyway. Updates are coming. Have I ever failed you before? This one's just going to take some time it seems.

Back