Ever Wonder What A Semroc MMX Mars Lander Would Look Like?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
kuririn, do you have any photo's of your mini mars lander clone?
I would love to see it!
Did this not long after returning to the hobby so not my greatest piece of craftsmanship.
The original's nose cone was plastic I believe, same one as the MX missile.
Not available any longer so I had Gordy turn a couple.
Plans and scans from JimZ's site.
And check out Chris Michielsson's blog archives for a museum quality build of this model.
1102200851[1].jpg
I drilled and put in some nose weight in the cone, but it still did a couple of midair somersaults and ejected on the ground on its' maiden.
Very entertaining though.

Thanks! I love it!
Sorry it flew bad, but I bet it looks nice on your shelf!

I'm working on mine now, it's the '80s kit with the plastic nosecone. I love your paint! I'm not sure if I'll be going with the yellow or the classic white/red. I have decals for both.

Thanks Mark! I have built both the Estes and Semroc Mars Landers (and a couple of Outlanders too) and I painted the legs before I attached them. I wasn't sure if it would make it easier on this model too. most likely I'll use a combination of both yours and kuririn's methods.

Nice!

It's been a while since I've been to a CMASS launch, but I might have seen one of your rockets fly!

Nice!

It's been a while since I've been to a CMASS launch, but I might have seen one of your rockets fly!

There's a launch this Saturday from 12-4 (with a night launch planned afterwards) at the Amesbury field. Conditions (so far) look like it's going to be a great day to fly. Come join us, if you can.

Back