Ever lose ABSOLUTELY EVERY PIECE of one particular thing?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

soopirV

Reaction score
Aargh!!! I can't find a single piece of nomex! Not my commercially bought blankets nor the couple yards of material I bought on eBay to try to make my own. NOTHING.
That tells me one thing- I put it all somewhere...somewhere safe, thinking I was being smart. Possibly after a few beers, too. Damn, drunk me is a jerk!!

I haven't flown in a year, so that doesn't help either...**angry muttering***

The Nauga got it...

il_570xN.117435615.jpg

Then it went into hyding

Last edited:
I can't find the brand-new pack of acid brushes that I bought about two months ago.

I know what you mean and feel your pain.

When I woke up the other day, I discovered that someone had eaten all the cheese. But on a positive note, that person had also done a load of laundry.

Maybe you should have a few beers and let drunk you look for it.

Thought crossed my mind! Successful ground test for a different thread, so time to get sleuthing. ImageUploadedByRocketry Forum1487286614.458485.jpg

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByRocketry Forum1487286503.564040.jpg
    ImageUploadedByRocketry Forum1487286503.564040.jpg
    137.9 KB · Views: 80
That other image is my surrogate protector for my harness- scrap of tee shirt. Definitely need flameproof here!

Geez, I can do stuff like that and not be inebriated. That's why I like to keep stuff "out in the open" po's the spouse. Kurt

My shop is a mess, but my wife wisely stays out. She's a "piler" in that her tactic when I leave stuff in the main part is to put it somewhere in a pile. Drives me bonkers when I go to look for it (she's quick, and she's also shifty...she swears every time "I didn't touch it!"). My biggest fear with the missing nomex is...I have to CLEAN my shop!!!:y::cry:

I can't find the brand-new pack of acid brushes that I bought about two months ago.

I know what you mean and feel your pain.

Acid brushes are as bad as socks, aren't they? Any disposable brush, in my experience, for that matter- chip, foam...whatever it is when I buy a bunch on sale, they go missing! Wife says she bought me a big pack of foam brushes for Christmas a few years ago, couldn't find 'em anywhere. Never even wrapped. So at least it's not just us.

When I woke up the other day, I discovered that someone had eaten all the cheese. But on a positive note, that person had also done a load of laundry.

That is...awesome. I unfortunately don't know you, but I have a clear image of a viking (because of your avatar) rousing from sleep only to find his enormous cheese bell is completely empty, but there's a pile of neatly folded viking underwear on the floor nearby. Just a shrug, and off you go.

So...drunk you (cheese is awesome after some great homebrew, IMHO) or sneaky spouse (or very thoughtful house mouse)?

That is...awesome. I unfortunately don't know you, but I have a clear image of a viking (because of your avatar) rousing from sleep only to find his enormous cheese bell is completely empty, but there's a pile of neatly folded viking underwear on the floor nearby. Just a shrug, and off you go.

So...drunk you (cheese is awesome after some great homebrew, IMHO) or sneaky spouse (or very thoughtful house mouse)?

It was pretty much as you described, and there may have been cocktails involved. The other strange thing, in addition to the missing cheese and clean laundry, there was this big pile of nomex, and I have no idea where it cam from! :wink:

You will find them in the last place you look...right after you purchase new ones. :facepalm:

It's always in the last place you look. It would be stupid to keep looking.

I do that with lots of stuff. I put it up so I can find it. Then have to buy more. Then say "I think this a good spot to put it." Which turns out to be the spot the other stuff is hiding. So I move it to an easier to remember spot. Then start the saga all over again. Foam brushes, acid brushes, rigging hardware...the list goes on. And blue shop towels. BY. THE. ROLL. I lose these things!

The one that has got me the most though. I have received several coins from my work. Rewards for a job well done and what not from different units and task forces. Great looking coins, and a few poker chips. And I have a few NRA commemorative coins and silver bullets. I put them all somewhere, together. Haven't seen them in about 2 years. No clue. Got tired of looking.

Mikey d

Found the dang things! Now do I leave my shop 1/3rd cleaned up, or do I finish the job since I've come thi...haahaahaa, sorry, couldn't finish that with a straight face. Nope, new year, new me, going to stick with it.

It was pretty much as you described, and there may have been cocktails involved. The other strange thing, in addition to the missing cheese and clean laundry, there was this big pile of nomex, and I have no idea where it cam from! :wink:

lol, was that the laundry of which you spoke?

Latest posts

Back