Ever had one of those days...

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AfterBurners

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
where you should have never woke up and worked on any of your rocket projects? Started off with installing some nice wraps from Stickershock on my Scooter rocket. User error big time! I thought I had the checkered wrap aligned and then as I went around I'm about 1/8" off. OK I can live with it more or less. BTW the decals are awesome! Mark does excellent work!! I'm definitely going to buy more off him for later projects...

IMG_2181.jpgIMG_2182.jpg

Then I thought OK lets do something else. I ordered some center rings from BMS for a scratch build project I'm working on. I know they no longer do custom laser cutting so I thought I would just order the standard 4x24 rings for a BT-80. I figure the tubes I'm using are from LOC, but slightly bigger so no big deal I'll just sand to fit, which I did and they worked great one at a time. Trying to get them all of them to fit properly posed more issues and I ended up breaking the one ring. So rather continue I told myself it's time to quit working on rockets for awhile. Either I screw up on the build in some way mostly the paint or I have issues with the parts fitting.

Put a fork in me I'm done. I have some black powder motors that I'm gonna go blow off and get in some launches later...and after that I think I will take a break from the hobby.

If I knew I could get out of what I have in my assembled rockets I would sell them off and be done with it.

If you're having that bad of a day I dont suggest trying to launch anything!
Probably forget recovering wadding or something, fold the parachute wrong.
:p

Do what I do, take a break for a week or three. Then go back after it at a slower pace, do a little, have a cup of coffee (or beverage of your choice), then do some more.
But don't completely give up. Just back off a little, and have fun with it!
May your rockets fly high and straight

Do what I do, take a break for a week or three. Then go back after it at a slower pace, do a little, have a cup of coffee (or beverage of your choice), then do some more.
But don't completely give up. Just back off a little, and have fun with it!
May your rockets fly high and straight

Like I said sometimes when I'm in the zone things work well...just one of those days. I need to get some launching in. I have several LPR and MPR that I need to launch. I would like to spend the next year just launching my rockets off. That's the kind of break I need from building and I find afterward I tend to get excited again about building. So that's where I'm at. No building for awhile...I just wish the weather wasn't so hot at the lake bed.

Last edited:
Welcome to my 'every day'.. As a general rule, if my finger prints are on it, sooner or later, something bad is gonna happen

You can use the old line about cigarettes, " Sure I can quit, I've done it a thousand times". ;)

Back