Eternity

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Donaldsrockets

Reaction score
I'd say that if you get a PM from this individual (bot) you might want to ignore it as the link in the signature looks like it could lead to trouble.

Just a heads up.;)

Would you mind forwarding the PM to me if you still have it? I feel a banning coming on...

Phil

I clicked on the link (not too worried about it - I'm on a Mac and most of the stuff out there bounces off). It was a simple web page with a bunch of links about hinduism and meditation. Didn't go any further.

Got it too, doesn't belong here.

Troj and Co., time for a good thorough virtual thermonuclear carpet bombing?

Yeah, got it too. Something about "123redirect" in the address set off alarms, haha!
Reed

I just got it too. Didn't even bother to click the link. I did think it was strange he was sending me a PM about nothing though.:roll:

Thanks to everyone for forwarding the PMs, PM spam is rather tricky to detect unless someone points it out to us.
If this ever happens again, there's a Report PM button similar the the Report Post one (the little road sign thing on the top-right of the PM), which should result in the spammer being banned even faster. :gavel:

Cheers,
Phil

Thanks, folks, and sorry for the clutter in your inboxes.

We already try to screen for spammers, but they unfortunately make it through. We're looking into some other vBulletin options to help prevent this.

-Kevin

I clicked on the link (not too worried about it - I'm on a Mac and most of the stuff out there bounces off). It was a simple web page with a bunch of links about hinduism and meditation. Didn't go any further.

Thought i could smell hippies...:cool:

P

If not already done, I'd suggest deactivating any idle accounts (eg no login within last 30days) that have a post count of 0. The spammers have a habit of registering accounts to use later, especially if it's a new forum without much customisation of the registration/activation form.

I feel left out.......... he didn't spam pm me:rolleyes:
Me either, but that's OK...really, I don't mind a bit. ;) :D I was offline for a week with a broken computer, so maybe that had something to do with it.

MarkII

Back