Estes X-Prize Kits

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cajunman06

Reaction score
I know there was mention of them beginning to show up in the west, but have there been any more easterly sightings?

They are on Long Island, I made a quick review of some of them on the Coffee House forum.

Found the Gauchito (and the Scissor-Wing Transport) at a Hobby Lobby in suburban Chicago last night (12/3).

Anybody built any of them yet?

How do they look?

Pictures?

Originally posted by kenobi65
Found the Gauchito (and the Scissor-Wing Transport) at a Hobby Lobby in suburban Chicago last night (12/3).

Those and Lucky Seven at Hobby Lobby in Arlington TX last week. (H.L. have their own distribution system?)

A little birdie tells me that the Canadian Arrow and the Starchaser Thunderstar have arrived. Check your favorite online retailer (using the link below) for availability.

Of course, if you took my advice the last 26 times I gave it, you would already have ordered them and they will be shipped to you as soon as they open the cases and fill your 'back-order'.

I'm guessing they will update their website asap (perhaps after filling the back orders?).
https://www.ehobbies.com/rocketry-coming-soon-new-items-announced-by-estes.html

;)

-Fred Shecter

E-hobbies has Canadian Arrow and Starchaser Thunderstar!!! Mine have been ordered:D :D :D

Sounds like I need to swing by one of my local (Houston) Hobby Lobbies just to see which X-Prize models they have, whether I buy anything or not.

Still nothing listed on the Cosmos Mariner . . . wonder what the scoop is.

Originally posted by JRThro
Sounds like I need to swing by one of my local (Houston) Hobby Lobbies just to see which X-Prize models they have, whether I buy anything or not.

I've been meaning to get to a HobLob, but just have not had a chance. Let me know if you find anything.

I got my Scissor Wing Transport that I had on backorder today.

I never had one before because it was available in the "between years".

All the other BAR's know what I mean.

Rubicon's on the shelf at Hobbytown in Redmond, WA. They had no others.

We are almost sold out of our 1st batch of X-Prize kits. I especially like the Scissor Wing Transport. Really nice with the laser cut balsa fins.

Best regards,
Brian

Back