Estes Website

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks nice but, ummmm, shouldn't they be advertising their 2007 catalog by now?

Roquepink?

Either they loaded placeholder items in there for testing purposes or they are actually going to re-issue those two motors as well as a huge number of Damon era kits. Take a peek in the instruction section (keep a spare pair of underwear nearby).

That's a lot of OOP kits in the instruction section. I'd be VERY surprised if they re-released all of those kits next year, but delighted if they they did. I think they are just trying their best to show customer support for some of the old kits. They may just be taking the, "if you can't beat 'em, join 'em" attitude, keeping up with YORS and Jimz.

Much better layout on the Estes site. I hope this is a sign of good things to come.

I took a peek in the instruction section and I just find it hard to believe they're going to re-release all those old kits. I want to believe but that just seems to good to be true.

Glenn

I think foose is right - someone at Estes got themselves a scanner and started a big retro documentation project just like JimZ (without the decals/fin stock/etc.). It's not a bad thing.

Originally posted by shreadvector
Either they loaded placeholder items in there for testing purposes or they are actually going to re-issue those two motors as well as a huge number of Damon era kits. Take a peek in the instruction section (keep a spare pair of underwear nearby).

Naw, they are making those instructions available for archival and copyright protection purposes (find the "terms" page and you will see the bit about all their intellectual property rights). After all, there are a couple of Arrow products in that instruction mix. I really doubt they intend to release that clock again!

As for the site as a whole, they are still wandering around in the web site wilderness.

First they had that hideous case study of Flash Worst Practices, then they had a good design that was badly organized. Now they have an organized design that looks like they got it out of a web template book from 1996. Do they not have good web designers in Colorado Springs?

In Firefox: View --> Page Style --> No Style. I don't know if I like it better or not.

Originally posted by RoyGreen
As for the site as a whole, they are still wandering around in the web site wilderness.

I'll take a little bit of that back; they ARE, at least, using CSS properly.

Wanna bet that's it? Everything's the same as before just with a different menu system, and worster graphics. 'Upgrade' complete.

well, they could be just resetting to a simple point to which they can start to add.

It bugs me that they're loading all their pictures at full size but displaying them small, rather than producing proper thumbnails and loading just those. Very amatuerish.

Has anyone tried to call them and ask what's going on with all of those OOP instructions; if they're rereleases or not?

If Roguepink doesn't chime in, I'll give them a call Monday and see what's up.

Originally posted by akpilot
Has anyone tried to call them and ask what's going on with all of those OOP instructions; if they're rereleases or not?

If Roguepink doesn't chime in, I'll give them a call Monday and see what's up.

Read my earlier message about protection of copyright. Many, many companies are starting to do this with old products, as the law says you gotta be dilligent about protecting your trademarks or you eventually lose 'em. When you can point to a place and say, "See, these are mine!", you're in a better legal position.

At the same time, maybe they ARE being altruistic to a point, it being much cheaper to let people download instructions from the web than to be sending out xeroxes (talk about protecting trademarks!) through the mail to people who request them.

I have some problems with my Estes condor. Ive tried sending them a message on their customer support page, but the message wont submit. Does anyone have a number or an email address to someone up at Estes?

Originally posted by Rocketboy89
I have some problems with my Estes condor. Ive tried sending them a message on their customer support page, but the message wont submit. Does anyone have a number or an email address to someone up at Estes?
This was the one about the angle template, right? Did they answer you or did you go ahead and use it to set your wing dihedral?

Originally posted by DaveCombs
This was the one about the angle template, right? Did they answer you or did you go ahead and use it to set your wing dihedral?

No this isn't the same problem. The nose cone has a rather large bump on it. It looks like a sloppy building job. The balsa was also on the crappy side. I cut the wings out along the lines, and after lining them up, the don't even come close to matching.

Had the same problem this morning too. Tried the webpage contact form and it keeps saying that there is an error, but no catagories are in red. Go figure, tried to call and busy, busy, busy.

Found an email address here, and sent them a description and some damage pics. Have not heard back yet but its still early!!

Website does look cool though and having the instructions posted is neat too.

Tom

i had the same problems lol. i gave up and took matters into my own hands...i sanded the nose cone...;)

Anyone try the regular (toll) phone number instead of the toll-free number? 719-372-6565

Originally posted by Rocketboy89
i had the same problems lol. i gave up and took matters into my own hands...i sanded the nose cone...;)

This may be a little harder to sand.......

Ouch!!!!!

Back