Estes Website updated

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jacques

Reaction score
Estes has updated their website and six of the X-Prize rockets are listed in the "New" category. Funny, but the Phoenix and the V-2 are no longer listed, neither is the C11-0!

Originally posted by Jacques
Estes has updated their website and six of the X-Prize rockets are listed in the "New" category. Funny, but the Phoenix and the V-2 are no longer listed, neither is the C11-0!

Yeah I saw that, those items were most likely discontinued. There is a thread on here mentioning the C11-0. I think it was discontinued due to it's unreliability to light an upper stage. I'm not sure why the V-2 was discontinued, maybe because it barely flew on the E9 because it was just too heavy. I myself found this out the hard way.:mad: :kill:

I did see the new releases but I have a gut feeling that they won't be released this fall. More like the winter or spring of 2005. Estes usually starts shipping new releases a few months late.:rolleyes:

Those kits do look cool though, I'd like to get them all:D

not just the V2, but all of the maxi rockets are discontinued

they were limited reissues

Originally posted by stymye
not just the V2, but all of the maxi rockets are discontinued

they were limited reissues

Yeah, those were a limited production in 2000. They have been OOP since then.

I have all 4 of them. They were nice kits too. The Super Big Bertha and Maxi Alpha 3 fly like a dream, nice and slow to about 400-500 feet. The Honest John is awesome and the V-2 flies nice and high on the D motors.

I'd like to see those reissued.

Donald,
the maxi's are a big favorite of mine too!!

I'm halfway thru building the Pershing now
I have 2 V-2's done and one Honest John done
Super Big Bertha done
I haven't started my Maxi Alpha and Saturn V yet

My goal is to have them all on a shelf together but
I probably won't find the Maxi X-wing for a price I want to pay

(anybody have a spare X wing they want to sell?)

Originally posted by stymye

I'm halfway thru building the Pershing now

A what???:eek: :eek: :eek:

Nice kit, where did you manage to stumble across that??? But then again, you probably paid some major a** $$$ for it.

I'd love to get a Pershing but the Launch Pad one really doesn't appeal to me.

I can't afford the real thing

it's a clone using the Ed Miller cone
I can't find the link right now but it's , Alien Enterprises
he sells the fins also ,,but I decided to make my own

it's a very nice cone but much heavier than the original
so I built it for a 29mm

The rest of the new releases are now up on the Estes website ... except for what most people believe to be "Spaceship One"! Does anybody know what's going on?

Originally posted by Jacques
... no longer listed, neither is the C11-0!
I started that other thread and took a beating for it. :rolleyes: I noticed it was missing from the old Estes site and a few different vendors have listed them a "discontinued" (though this doesn't neccesarily mean by Estes). A call to Estes got the reply "it's in the catalog". We'll see...

Back