Estes website completely revised!

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, I'm sure they would - if they wait until after christmas, I dunno how much public interest there's gonna be in it. Might as well strike while the iron is hot.

they say that the X-Prize models are all "On the water" - meaning they are on there way here or even already here and sitting in a container on the container ship in or near the port.

They expect them to be shipping in two waves: late October and early November. The only one not ready yet is the cool large D powered glider X-Prize model. not sure when it will be ready (if ever).

Oracle may not arrive until January but not beyond Janauary.

And yes, they were aware that the old website had 'disadvantages' and they tried to get the new one up and running before now. It took longer than expected but iwas worth waiting for.

Originally posted by stymye
I bet they would love to have the spaceship one out right now.

Originally posted by shreadvector
they say that the X-Prize models are all "On the water" - meaning they are on there way here or even already here and sitting in a container on the container ship in or near the port.

They expect them to be shipping in two waves: late October and early November. The only one not ready yet is the cool large D powered glider X-Prize model. not sure when it will be ready (if ever).

Oracle may not arrive until January but not beyond Janauary.

And yes, they were aware that the old website had 'disadvantages' and they tried to get the new one up and running before now. It took longer than expected but iwas worth waiting for.

Any word on the Scissor-Wing glider. I really want that one.:D

It's a good thing you can edit your own posts. By the time I look again you will have corrected the spelling of Scissor-Wing.

;)

It is due soon. I can't recall if it was in the late October or early November batch.

eHobbies will know.

https://www.ehobbies.com/rocketry-coming-soon-new-items-announced-by-estes.html

Notice how the 8th X-Prize model (the big D powered glider) is no longer listed. Hmmmm.

Originally posted by Donaldsrockets
Any word on the Sissorwing glider. I really want that one.:D

Is it me or is Estes going through a change recently? A nice new website, some pretty cool looking models...even a cluster kit!

Perhaps Fliskit's gave 'em a scare?

Originally posted by Mike
Is it me or is Estes going through a change recently? A nice new website, some pretty cool looking models...even a cluster kit!

Could be... or they know Quest's website will be up before too terribly long, maybe?

Originally posted by Mike

I think it's a classic case of quality competition raising the standard for everybody. Hopefully, Estes is taking note in the interest in the craft-building area of model rocketry, as well as simply the RTF market. They could probably look into limited licensing of kit reissues, etc. and continue to expand this market.

Considering that the huge, huge, huge majority of people interested in model rockets are likely to be people at least reasonably tech-capable, into the Internet, etc. etc. it's amazing Estes didn't realize how important their web site was to communciating with their customers, and how absolutely anti-effective the old web site was in doing that.

But I've seen it happen many other places - some high company officials get sweet-talked by somebody with a "great idea" for an "awesome website," and they end up with some goofy, cumbersome, hard-to-navigate, all-flash, no-substance POS...

Soon enough, common sense prevails. :cool:

I'd kvetch about Estes not having the Oracle out in time for Christmas, but I'm they're as frustrated as anybody else over that. I don't know how many times I'd be flying in January and Febuary, anyway...

Back