Estes Vapor

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got another launch in today with the Vapor on an Estes E12-6. A little wiggle at launch but a nice flight. Must be getting better at chute packing as it deployed as planned. I use to have a 50/50 success rate but it's going up :)

-Bob

HELP! Who has a scan or a link to the construction plans for the Estes Vapor. Or, do you have the Estes part number for them, and I'll go look them up.
I'm trying to help salvage a Vapor that has been hanging in a tree for over a month and the body tube has come down. I'd like to see how the motor mount assembly works, and if there's any point to trying to salvage it. -Thanks.

HELP! Who has a scan or a link to the construction plans for the Estes Vapor. Or, do you have the Estes part number for them, and I'll go look them up.
I'm trying to help salvage a Vapor that has been hanging in a tree for over a month and the body tube has come down. I'd like to see how the motor mount assembly works, and if there's any point to trying to salvage it. -Thanks.
Not sure if this helps but the Vapor is a 24mm powered version of the Star Orbiter with surface mount fins and different graphics: https://estesrockets.com/wp-content/uploads/Instructions/009716_STAR_ORBITER.pdf

Here are the first 2 pages, with part numbers, and a diagram of the motor mount. Hope this helps you out.
DSC02269.JPGDSC02270.JPG

HELP! what is the size of the body tube coupler for the Estes Vapor? I'm repairing one for a friend that suffered a Rocket Eating tree for 3 months, and when it fell out, the body tube crumpled. I can fix it by slicing the body tube and then rejoining the two solid halves with a coupler. But what size? I have to order from a parts supplier during the pandemic. Thanks!

HELP! what is the size of the body tube coupler for the Estes Vapor? I'm repairing one for a friend that suffered a Rocket Eating tree for 3 months, and when it fell out, the body tube crumpled. I can fix it by slicing the body tube and then rejoining the two solid halves with a coupler. But what size? I have to order from a parts supplier during the pandemic. Thanks!
There's a sim for that... When I get back to my computer, I can open it and look... Or you can beat me to it.

1606695870889.png
https://www.rocketryforum.com/threads/kteshs-openrocket-files.123564/post-1937842

Ok... got it... 3"

Red Tube Coupler (PN 031777)(3 in)

Thanks Jim, but the question is the outside diameter of the coupler. eRockets has two-packs that I will take advantage of for the repair, but I must specify which one. I THINK the unit is 1.5" but someone else has said 1.64 for some reason.

Thanks Jim, but the question is the outside diameter of the coupler. eRockets has two-packs that I will take advantage of for the repair, but I must specify which one. I THINK the unit is 1.5" but someone else has said 1.64 for some reason.
Its for the BT-60... OD of a bt-60 is 1.637", ID is typically 1.595"... the coupler's dimensions are 1.59" OD x 1.53" ID.

Do you have a Hobby Lobby near you? If so I would offer the advise to just go buy a kit and take out the parts you need to fix it. I doubt it would cost much more than the price of a coupler and shipping if you order one plus you'd have a lot more spare parts for future use. I think they are around 15 bucks.

-Bob

Do you have a Hobby Lobby near you? If so I would offer the advise to just go buy a kit and take out the parts you need to fix it. I doubt it would cost much more than the price of a coupler and shipping if you order one plus you'd have a lot more spare parts for future use. I think they are around 15 bucks.

-Bob
If you don’t have a HL close take advantage of the shipping included for $50 orders through midnight Nov 29th.

Another possibility is to buy the coupler pack from Estes. They are having a Cyber Monday sale, and you could add the couplers onto some other items. :)

Back