Estes Vaper

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dee55

Reaction score
Anyone have any idea how high the Estes Vaper will go on a C5-3 with the engine adapter? Im fixen to order the Vaper later this week.

I have been flying one for a while. I have tried C11-3s, with POOR results. Both flights the parachute either didn't deploy or tangled up and the rocket suffered a tail-first crash into the ground, requiring an engine mount replacement, etc.

But to answer your question, the Rocksim results are: Altitude 323 feet, optimal delay 3.23 seconds (should be okay), max speed 82mph.

Good luck, and let us know how it went.

I have been flying one for a while. I have tried C11-3s, with POOR results. Both flights the parachute either didn't deploy or tangled up and the rocket suffered a tail-first crash into the ground, requiring an engine mount replacement, etc.

But to answer your question, the Rocksim results are: Altitude 323 feet, optimal delay 3.23 seconds (should be okay), max speed 82mph.

Good luck, and let us know how it went.
Thanks.. I would have thought a C11-3 would of been stronger but I guess not.. what was ur altitude on the C11?

I got 294 feet high, but the optimal delay is 3.47, max speed is 96mph.

I've had many good flights on an D12-5. I just built a second one because the first Vapor has a lot of tube spiral creasing going on - I expect I'll have to retire it fairly soon. I put in an long stuffer tube in the second one to reduce the internal volume enough to make parachute ejection more reliable. A little less altitude, but I can live with it.

Also, I normally use an 15" nylon parachute instead of the provided 18" plastic one; it doesn't drift as far. I even tried an 12" nylon parachute once, but that was with tall grass fields in all directions, so it didn't hit the harder ground.

Last edited:
I just got one, wonder how much higher it would go if I only use one body tube instead of both.

Nice! It's big enough for me and looks better as a Shorty IMO. I'll use the second tube for a scratch build and use a D instead of an E. I've tried to do the Simulator and it always gets soo far before it freezes on me. I'll try again at some point.

Back