Estes V2 sim file?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Walldiver7

Reaction score
I'm trying to find a sim file for the current Estes V2? I've searched .. but haven't come across one.

.rkt files of the V2 dont work well in OR as it doesn't support fins on transitions so OR removes the fins.

While that may be true, you can fake fins on a transition. Given a scan of the V2's fins (converted into a suitable black and white image), you could "attach" them to a phantom body tube (I'd go for one attached to the end of the motor tube.

I modified the one from rocketry reviews a while back and corrected it to the V2 I'm currently building. You'll find that file below.

View attachment estes_v2_stock fins.ork

This brings up a larger question to the group. I wanted to build the model to have fins that were closer to scale. I modeled that as well and the results suggest the nose would need 280 grams to get the CoM 1 caliber in front of the CoP. Does that sound right? Is that something reasonable that could/should be built? Does any have experience flying an Estes V2 with correctly scaled fins? You'll find that model is below.

View attachment estes_v2_correct fins.ork

Thanks!

I modified the one from rocketry reviews a while back and corrected it to the V2 I'm currently building. You'll find that file below.

View attachment 308365

This brings up a larger question to the group. I wanted to build the model to have fins that were closer to scale. I modeled that as well and the results suggest the nose would need 280 grams to get the CoM 1 caliber in front of the CoP. Does that sound right? Is that something reasonable that could/should be built? Does any have experience flying an Estes V2 with correctly scaled fins? You'll find that model is below.

View attachment 308364

Back