• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Rocketry Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Estes Tornado (2004) Fin Scans

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

K'Tesh

.....OpenRocket's ..... "Chuck Norris"
TRF Supporter
Reaction score
Ok... I'm working on a .ork for the Tornado now, and I want to verify the fins. JimZ's site has a drawing of the fins, but sometimes those can be off. I'm looking for a scan of the fins with ruler. Preferably in matrix, and with some indication of the fin thickness (I'm guessing 3/32").

Thanks!
Jim

I have a built Tornado that is > 20 years old. I can measure precisely if that will help.

I have a built Tornado that is > 20 years old. I can measure precisely if that will help.

Sure, I'd appreciate that. I've got the .ork all done, except for the precise measurements on the fins. Printouts of .pdfs here are not always scaled properly, and without something to scale from, it can be a crapshoot sometimes.

What I'll need is the length of the root edge (I'm guessing 2") the length of the tip edge, the height, and how far back the front edge of the tip is from the front edge of the root is.

Last edited:
Here is a scale pic. I'll measure everything when I have a spare minute.
tornado.jpg

Thanks BDB!

Here's what I've got so far... I think it looks pretty close, but I'm not 100%

Estes Tornado (2004)(unverified fins).jpg

I lost everything on this kit with the HD crash. I don't remember what prevented it from being uploaded (likely the strake fins). I could still use a scan of the fins w/a ruler (and the fin thicknesses).

Thanks!

Back