• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Rocketry Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Sold Estes Tomcat

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rocketteer

OLLIE-OOP MODEL ROCKETS (Toby)
Reaction score
$89 +shipping sealed
Message me your full address for shipping cost
PayPal and others accepted International shipping available
Credit Card payments will require a 5% fee

Attachments

• 20220610_160318.jpg
    20220610_160318.jpg
    99.2 KB · Views: 2
  • 20220610_160354.jpg
    20220610_160354.jpg
    116.9 KB · Views: 0
  • 20220610_160359.jpg
    20220610_160359.jpg
    135.2 KB · Views: 0
  • 20220610_160408.jpg
    20220610_160408.jpg
    159.4 KB · Views: 0
  • 20220610_160428.jpg
    20220610_160428.jpg
    88.3 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Prob because this was one of those kits that was hard to get flying right. I remember when this was out in the 90s, and somewhere I read that this rocket liked to land shark. When I built mine, I decided to fly it first before I painted it, after all, I didn't want to take the time to finish it if there was a good chance it was going to crash. Sure enough, it took off and immediately arched over into the ground under power. It is a very cool rocket, and a tempting buy as a collectors item. I have seen some built and flown successfully.

I still have the one my dad and brother built. It didn't glide well after boost. Lawn darted at least twice. It only flew a handful of times. I saw a very well built one fly well at Spaceport Rocketry Association years ago. You have to build light and very precise to get it to work.

Probably my favorite kit. Had some great flights including a drag race launch and “dogfight”. Went through two. Odd to be discontinued since it must have been a appealing business model: very high cool factor and repeat business from crashes 🙄
At least Estes could have sold replacement nose/canopies.

It would be nice if it was redesigned to be much more stable under power and easier to make glide properly.
Perhaps this is already in the works and we just don't know about it!
I collect, but with the intent on building...someday.
morerockets.com often has one of theirs for sale.
I would buy one of those for $70 before I would pay more for an old Estes kit any day.

It would be nice if it was redesigned to be much more stable under power and easier to make glide properly.
Perhaps this is already in the works and we just don't know about it!
I collect, but with the intent on building...someday.
morerockets.com often has one of theirs for sale.
I would buy one of those for $70 before I would pay more for an old Estes kit any day.
Wow his is $70 now? I paid $40 or 50 can't remember

Seriously, if you were next door I’d grab it with all four tentacles. Postage is the killer that takes it over my ‘discretionary’ budget.
Shipping is likely much cheaper than you think. Probably $10
Please don't think I'm pressure selling you.
Also I do like to trade I actually prefer it over selling do you happen to have anything you would want to trade for it? Unfortunately I can't tell you exactly what I would trade for.

I put one in my cart and did the estimated shipping and tax.
$69.98 w/o 6% MI sales tax. So yea, $70+ w/ $12.99 shipping.
It would be nice to have, but I have so many to build now I'm not sure I'll live long enough to get to it.
I'm focused on low flying things right now because of the area I have to launch, I can't go very far to get it back and the kids that help get them back I don't trust out of my sight.
The Evils of getting old and being broken, and my first Grandchild has only been in the oven about 2 months...

I put one in my cart and did the estimated shipping and tax.
$69.98 w/o 6% MI sales tax. So yea, $70+ w/ $12.99 shipping.
It would be nice to have, but I have so many to build now I'm not sure I'll live long enough to get to it.
I'm focused on low flying things right now because of the area I have to launch, I can't go very far to get it back and the kids that help get them back I don't trust out of my sight.
The Evils of getting old and being broken, and my first Grandchild has only been in the oven about 2 months...
Trust me I know what you mean. This is most of my personal build pile. When I look at it I don't know whether to laugh or cry.

Attachments

• 20220528_183243.jpg
    20220528_183243.jpg
    198.4 KB · Views: 1
Announcement for everyone. On Father's Day tomorrow I will be posting flash sales randomly throughout the day on my Facebook page
OLLIE-OOP MODEL ROCKETS
And all I can tell you is that I will be offering a sale on a tomcat..
It wouldn't be fair to everyone else to say what time or what price.
I would advertise the Father's Day sale here on the Forum but I'm not sure if I'm allowed.

You can't even tell what's really there in the picture but it's quite excessive LOL
I fully intend to build every single one of them and more hopefully before I die of old age.
You know I go between my rockets and nitro RC SCTs. I just the sound and smell of nitro!! IDK it gets in your blood and electric just doesn't do it for me and just the fact that all you have to do is keep feeding the beast nitro is awesome! So yeah I about 6 kits still boxed. All I do is open the box and make sure the right rocket and additional parts I order was shipped and no damage and then I seal them up. Time is a commodity for me as I'm sure some on here as well. Hope the sale is a success for you.

You know I go between my rockets and nitro RC SCTs. I just love the sound and smell of nitro!! IDK it gets in your blood and electric just doesn't do it for me and just the fact that all you have to do is keep feeding the beast nitro is awesome! So yeah I have about 6 kits still boxed. All I do is open the box and make sure the right rocket and additional parts I order was shipped and no damage and then I seal them up. Time is a commodity for me as I'm sure some on here as well. Hope the sale is a success for you.

Last edited:
Shipping is likely much cheaper than you think. Probably $10
Please don't think I'm pressure selling you.
Also I do like to trade I actually prefer it over selling do you happen to have anything you would want to trade for it? Unfortunately I can't tell you exactly what I would trade for.

Probably nothing I have! I’ll have a look at the spreadsheet when I get home in a few days. I might find something interesting.

Trust me I know what you mean. This is most of my personal build pile. When I look at it I don't know whether to laugh or cry.
You will do both, sooner or later. You will laugh like mad when you finally have time to build them all. And cry because your not sure you have enough time left to build them all. Been there, done that. If I cry anymore, I'll just dry up and blow away in the wind...

Back