Estes - Star Speeder (#1366) Gallery

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

c560xl

Reaction score
2X upsize of Estes Star Speeder (1366)

StarSpeederIMG_3393.jpg

StarSpeederIMG_3394.jpg

StarSpeederIMG_3392.jpg

StarSpeederIMG_3390.jpg

StarSpeederIMG_3400.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
And the launch/result- landed on the other side of a fence. on the road :eek: car just missed it, but the wake from the car drug it across and broke the tail... oh well... back to the shop

StarSpeederIMG_3422.jpg

StarSpeederIMG_3423.jpg

StarSpeederIMG_3428.jpg

Welcome to TRF.That is a very beautiful rocket you upscaled....very nice indeed.Too bad you don`t have a build thread on that one....and too bad about the broken tail.A quick fix i hope.I`ll have to check that one out on Jim Z `s plans.

Paul T

VERY nice! What size is the main body tube?? Where'd you get the decals?? What motor(s) you flying it on??

I see you've been out flying in the beautiful weather we're having... :) (I'm just down the road from you in Mentone, IN at the moment... :)

Later! OL JR :)

Very nice build. I'm in Indiana and I have to commend you for flying in this weather. I'm spending winter building. You are a better man than I am.

Not better than anyone, just wayyy to impatient to wait for spring:wink:

My dad built one of these that we would fight over the privilege to launch as a kid. So, when I got addicted again I decided to build one for him for Christmas(that is him launching and recovering it). When I found that the kits were long gone, bigger is better right? so the upscale happened thanks to JimZ hosting all those cool plans. Hmmm, what next...

jimZ was the plans source and I used Rocksim to help with the layout and templates.

The main tube is BT-60 with a BT-80 in back,
the decals came from:
https://towrowrow.tripod.com/excelsiorrocketry/id9.html
and are great!

So far it has only flown once and that was on an Estes D12-3 but is planned to see some single use composites in the E and F range.... should be interesting!

Thanks for the kind words, now any other Star Speeders out there??

Brian

Not better than anyone, just wayyy to impatient to wait for spring:wink:

My dad built one of these that we would fight over the privilege to launch as a kid. So, when I got addicted again I decided to build one for him for Christmas(that is him launching and recovering it). When I found that the kits were long gone, bigger is better right? so the upscale happened thanks to JimZ hosting all those cool plans. Hmmm, what next...

jimZ was the plans source and I used Rocksim to help with the layout and templates.

The main tube is BT-60 with a BT-80 in back,
the decals came from:
https://towrowrow.tripod.com/excelsiorrocketry/id9.html
and are great!

So far it has only flown once and that was on an Estes D12-3 but is planned to see some single use composites in the E and F range.... should be interesting!

Thanks for the kind words, now any other Star Speeders out there??

Brian

Geez, I just printed those!

That was fast! Nice build!

Now be sure to show it after the repair.

Looks great :)

I have parts cut for both an upscale and 'underscale' (tm) .

Might have to move those up in the winter build pile, afterseeing these....

~ AL

so many to move up in the pile, then the pile will overwhelm me again... auuuughghghghhhhgggg..... !!!!!!!!!!!!

@JAL3 - this one's not in the Estes mfr index thread, please move to appropriate location and remove this note - thanks!

Estes Star Speeder (#1366) recently completed before NARAM-55. This kit has a lot of fiddly regions to sand...I messed up the canopy on the first go and made a new one from sturdier cardstock. Decals are home-made replacements - the originals were really distorted from screen stretch.

D20130728_173112_StarSpeederGalleryShot_2.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome to the Estes Star Speeder (#1366) Gallery on TRF.

This gallery showcases the Estes Star Speeder (#1366) and those rockets derived from it. Particularly appropriate in this thread are the following:

Estes: Star Speeder: #1366

as well as any upscales, downscales, clones, kitbashes or other derivative works. Even Goonies qualify!

Last edited:
Estes Star Speeder (#1366) Basic Information.

estes.gif
Estes Industries

MODEL NAME: Star Speeder Also known as:

NUMBER: #1366

Introduced: 1981
Final Year: 1985
Designer:

Type: Exotic
Motor Mount: 1x18mm
Recovery: Parachute
Stages: 1
Length: 13.75"
Diameter: 0.736"
Span:
Weight: 1.3 oz.

Mfg. Description: Single place galactic fighter capable of tremendous speed and maneuverability. The Estes version sports great performance with flights over 800 feet. (Estes 1981 Catalog)

Advertising Liveries

estes-star%20speeder%201366-1981%20cat.jpg
1981 Catalog

Face Card(s)

estes-star%20speeder%201366-face.jpg

Instruction Header(s)

estes-star%20speeder%201366-instr.jpg

First post in this thread featuring this rocket.

See Also:
TRF Build Threads

TRF Applicable Threads

LINKS
EMRR
RocketReviews
Mfg. Page

If you have any additional information on this rocket and/or catalog photos please let us know.

Last edited:
Back