Estes Sprint XL CP

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TALON

Reaction score
I got 2 Sprint XL's, I built one relatively stock, and I'm going to build the 2nd one to be powered w/ 24/40 D & E reloads. I tried designing one in open rocket, but I am new to it & it is a pain to research and find parts to construct the vehicle. I am about 1-2 months from starting the build on the AP Powered XL, so I was going to take my time in constructing the AP powered XL in OR. However I remembered that I forgot to put the clay weight into the NC of my stock XL & now its lost :facepalm:
So does anyone know the CP for Estes Sprint XL? I searched for it and drew a blank. Any help would be appreciated.

My Sprint XL's two pats of clay (plus the plastic bag they came in) came to .5 ounces.

The nosecone was .6 oz w/o the clay, and 1.10 with it (unpainted).

I've gone ahead and uploaded my .ork file to my library thread. Due to my attempts to make the rocket look correct, I've used "Phantom Body Tubes" and a simulated engine hook. As such, the file will likely not give you a realistic performance simulation. As always... YMMV.

Last edited:
My Sprint XL's two pats of clay (plus the plastic bag they came in) came to .5 ounces.

The nosecone was .6 oz w/o the clay, and 1.10 with it (unpainted).

I've gone ahead and uploaded my .ork file to my library thread. Due to my attempts to make the rocket look correct, I've used "Phantom Body Tubes" and a simulated engine hook. As such, the file will likely not give you a realistic performance simulation. As always... YMMV.

Thanks K, I will look at it when I get home from work. I have never weighed all the parts separately before the build. Well that is something I will start doing with my next build.

Back