• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Rocketry Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Found Estes Spin Control Rocket

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DrewW

Rocket Surgeon
TRF Supporter
Reaction score
Does anybody have one of these rockets built or not they'd be willing to part ways with? I wanted to do some spin control rocket experiments with my kids.

why not just buy some little rockets and cant the fins? several so you can actually experiment with different angles.
or a gyroc w/o the rubber bands?

why not just buy some little rockets and cant the fins? several so you can actually experiment with different angles.
or a gyroc w/o the rubber bands?

Great question, actually looking to do an experiment on spinning canard stability which isn’t necessarily supported by the as is kit, the rotation counter is what I’m really interested in. The fin can is more of a bonus.

Grab a bulk pack of BMS school rockets ($6 ea) and some extra balsa . Balsa Machinign

Wouldn’t quite cut it for the experiment in mind. Not a huge fan of heads up flights. I have some other ways of getting it done but they require significantly more effort on my part.

Thanks for the ideas but really I’m interested in buying someone’s Spin Control rocket or maybe even the pieces they recovered after a seismic event/CATO

Thanks for the link, but this isn’t a thing solvable by thrust vector control. I’m still interested in hunting down a Spin Control kit if possible.

He has a spinning mass (wheel) in the nose of his rocket to control uncommanded roll or to command a roll when desired.

How about if you had a 2 motor cluster with thrust vector control? Could you control spin then?

And how does the Estes Spin Control counter work? Is it looking for how many times the sun's light goes past or is there a better way to sense the rotation?

How about if you had a 2 motor cluster with thrust vector control? Could you control spin then?

And how does the Estes Spin Control counter work? Is it looking for how many times the sun's light goes past or is there a better way to sense the rotation?

I appreciate folks input, and if I wasn’t trying to do something very specific I might take on some of these ideas. But for the purposes of what I’m trying to do they are way way overkill.

This thread is me looking for a spin control rocket, built or unbuilt. Alternatively, I’d take the spin counter from someone’s crashed spin control rocket.

I managed to find one on eBay, but haven’t been able to change the thread tag. Why do you ask, did you come across one?
Are you using it ? Could I rent out the spin counter component? :clapping: Or can you explain how the spin counter works or post some photos of it? I was wondering if a person might be able to make one themselves?

Not quite done with it yet, but will take a look and see if I can determine how the counter works. I’d be happy to part ways with the rocket when I finish a few rounds of experiments.

Back