estes spaceshipone

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lipp

Reaction score
has anyone seen pics of the estes spaceship one????? Due out in November.

The latest word from Mary Roberts at Estes is that the container ship with the Spaceship One kits will arrive by the end of nect week.

Customs and all the "stuff" they have to do will take another 2 weeks.

The "predicted" schedule for kits to be on the shelves is the week of November 13th.

I got this info today!

I will definately want one of these! Of course, so does everyone else! It sure would be cooler if they would actually glide like the real prototype;)

Originally posted by Mister Rogers
IIt sure would be cooler if they would actually glide like the real prototype;)

Mount the fins crooked, and you can get it to spin like crazy like the real prototype. ;)

Originally posted by Mister Rogers
It sure would be cooler if they would actually glide like the real prototype;)

I'm sure with some trial and error you could probably get it to glide...you may have to eject the motor at apogee with a streamer to effect a more forward CG...thats what I am gonna try......

I also wish I could somehow simulate the "feather"...so that the model may "flutter" down......

I can't wait till the upscales and downscales.....and of course there will be the first RC SSO rocket glider....

Well the Micro- downscale has been done for some time;)

Flys like a BAT on a MM-II motor going much higher than I expected about 90 feet.
I attempted to hinge the tail on a duplicate of this micro version. with all the hardware, retaining wires, custom springs and burn strings, I have set it aside for further research on actuation methods:( On a larger model the flutter down recovery should be much easier to accomplish.
Converting for Glide recovery will also require ejecting a good bit of nose weight along with the motor tube and streamer. I'd think a forward weighted pod similar to those used in model slike th Swing wing transport or Cursader swingwing might be the way to go. I can't wait to see what Estes actually did with the model, this will be one I think I'll have to buy:D

Back