Estes Space Shuttle...

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Steve

Reaction score
Took me a while, but I finally finished it. Hasn't flown yet, but hope to soon. Fun to build - if you like building :) (Not the best pic - but the one with flash was worse).

S...

Very nice job, Steve. Flights can be adventurous with the Space Shuttle! If you can get your hands on a C5-3, it's much better on that than a C6-3.
Drew Tomko

Very beautiful! True that on the C5-3 note. I have had a couple of combination Space Shuttle/Cruise Missile flights on mine with C6-3S!

Oh, and dont let the alligator clips get caught on the fins at launch. It will suprise you when the launch controller gets ripped out of your hands :rolleyes:

Originally posted by dtomko
Very nice job, Steve. Flights can be adventurous with the Space Shuttle! If you can get your hands on a C5-3, it's much better on that than a C6-3.
Drew Tomko

Thanks, guys.
I've heard that before - the C5-3 has more of an initial 'punch' than the C6-3, right? I've wondered about that before. Maybe I'll do a search...

By the way - I always get a kick out of seeing pictures of other people's models. There are quite a few folks on this forum who do such a great job building and finishing their rockets that I (and probably lots of others) become inspired to do a better job with our own. That satisfaction from doing a nice job makes the hobby that much more enjoyable for me. :)

S..

Originally posted by dtomko
Drew Tomko

Also flies quite well on RMS' D13'S, and D24'S. But still glides like a brick......Very realistic LOL

Originally posted by Steve
Took me a while, but I finally finished it. Hasn't flown yet, but hope to soon. Fun to build - if you like building :) (Not the best pic - but the one with flash was worse).

S...

Great job on the shuttle. It looks really glossy!

Growing up I built and flew two of those kits. Well, more like my dad built one and I built the other. Neither one looked 1/2 as nice as yours! One I named Columbia, the other Atlantis.

What did you name yours?

Originally posted by jjnodice
Great job on the shuttle. It looks really glossy!

Growing up I built and flew two of those kits. Well, more like my dad built one and I built the other. Neither one looked 1/2 as nice as yours! One I named Columbia, the other Atlantis.

What did you name yours?

Thanks!

I don't have it in front of me - and I don't honestly remember which name I used. Knowing me like I do, I'd say I probably went with Enterprise. Even though that's the one that doesn't fly - it's the most Star Trekkian. :)

(Do Death Gliders have names?)

S..

(Do Death Gliders have names?)

S..

I think you just gave it one! :p

My Columbia flew poorly, but I did get one or two really great flights out of it...After I foolishly flew it on a C6-5 and it pranged -- and I mean pranged -- it never quite flew the same again.

The Atlantis was a different story. It glided pretty decently every time. Its final flight was from my elementary school playground. It actually glided off the field into the surrounding neighborhood never to be seen again. :kill: I recovered the booster but it was pretty useless without the shuttle...

I look forward to seeing pics of your Enterprise in action!

JJ

By the way - I always get a kick out of seeing pictures of other people's models.

Ok. Here's a pic of me hooking up the clips on my Shuttle. Used to glide fairly well. I've since donated the glider to Micromeister to replace one that he lost in the brush.

kj

Back