• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Rocketry Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Estes SM-3 Seahawk

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kruegon

Reaction score
As the title says, I'm looking for an Estes SM-3 Seahawk. Built or unbuilt. Though I'd be willing to pay more for an unbuilt kit.

Thanks

I looked at that. And that may just happen. Mainly I was looking for the transition pieces and aft fins. The newer Dark Zero model seems to be the same at the upper half. And I could probably duplicate 90% of the bottom. The bevel on the fins could be a problem for my skills and the transition is most likely outside my skill to do properly.

It's more the beveling I lack the skill on. I've never done that before. I need to buy a lot of cheap balsa and start practicing.

That still leaves the issue of the odd transition though.

It's more the beveling I lack the skill on. I've never done that before. I need to buy a lot of cheap balsa and start practicing.

That's what I thought too before I tried using this method.

The August, 71' copy of Model Rocketry has a good article about how to make that style of fin with cardstock.

Back