• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Rocketry Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Estes Skywriter Nosecone

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GlennW

Reaction score
Hi all,

So at this past week's GSSS launch we suffered a shockcord separation and the Pencil rocket's nosecone drifted off to parts unknown. Probably just a stab in the dark here but if any of you would happen to have the nosecone for this kit and would be willing to part with it, I'd be happy to pay you for the cone and postage. Failing that I may just try locating a balsa or plastic cone of similar shape that I can paint in roughly the same scheme, but I figured I'd try the easy way first!

Best,
Glenn

Why bother? The kit is still available and isn't that expensive - just buy a new one and use the nose cone to replace the old. Put the rest in your parts box. My favorite use for the yellow BT-50? I cut them into six equal lengths to make tube fins. You can also grab a Mongoose for the body tube and nose cone and make a really cool looking tube fin rocket (the yellow fins go well with the purple BT and yellow NC of the Mongoose! Bonus - no painting!

Back