Estes skimping on decals?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

matthewjfazio

Reaction score
Hello,

Recently I've built an Estes Big Daddy rocket. It was fun, and the rocket looks cool and all, but the kit only has decals for one set of fins.

I inquired Estes to purchase some more, but was informed that their storage is located in China and they can't provide another set.

I also am completing a Vector Force and am also missing decals to apply to all the fins. The kit provides 4 decals, but there are 8 sides to cover... the pic on the Estes site shows that both sides of the fins have decals.

I heard the same issue is with the QCC Explorer (which I own but haven't built yet) from a fellow DARs member a couple launches ago. He had to order more decals to cover all the fins as well.

Anybody else encountering this? If so, is there a 3rd party that makes Estes decal copies, or supplies extra parts? These kits look incomplete.

Thanks.

I've noticed this one some kits. It appears that only the sides that are to be photographed get decals. Everything else goes nekkid. It's nothing new.

Back