Estes September sale... all Pro Series II kits on sale!

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just saw that too
those are some great deals!

The sale would bring the price of the pad down to about $40. What do people think of this launch pad? And is this a good pad for PSII-sized rockets on F and G engines? I got one of the Porta-Pad Es when I started launching E motors and, honestly, I wasn't overly impressed. It seemed more flimsy and flexible than I expected. I bought a different steel rod to use with it, but it still seems kind of floppy to me. I've started building a Leviathan, and I'm wondering if this PSII pad would work well for it, or if I should look for something else. (I'll probably mostly launch it at club launches on club equipment, but may want to have my own pad too.)

If you are going to launch it mostly at club events, I would go with rail buttons and forget the rods. When I first started launching at BattlePark, all they had were rods up to 3/4". Today, the only reason they keep a few 1/4" rods on the large pads is for the TARC teams, some saucers and the occasional old timer with an old rocket. Of course all the LPR pads are rods, but we even have a rail pad set up for use with the LPR pads. We really try to discourage using rods for anything larger then F motors.

I understand how having your own rail can be much more difficult then a pad with a rod, I have rods to 1/4" but no rails. There are a lot of threads on here about building pads that use rods and rails. Many are made from PVC pipe and are better then most of the purchased pads. If you enjoy building the rocket, you'll probably enjoy building the pad too. You will also end up with a much better pad then you would buy for the same amount of money.

Unfortunately, I recently dropped $125 on their last sale. Cummon lottery!

Mike

I was just gonna email you this thread................

Teddy

Lol!
I just saw that note about the launch pad!
I don't have much use for it, I don't have a field to fly anything much larger than a D outside of the club, but it's still a really good deal!

Lol!
I just saw that note about the launch pad!
I don't have much use for it, I don't have a field to fly anything much larger than a D outside of the club, but it's still a really good deal!

I thought you could buy a Pro Series Rocket alone on sale as well..........

Teddy

I thought you could buy a Pro Series Rocket alone on sale as well..........

Teddy

I think you can,
I was just saying that I wouldn't really be able to take advantage of the other half of this sale.
I didn't word that very well...

X2 on AC Supply.....they're bookmarked and checked before a purchase....like HL, Amazon....to find the best deal.

AC Supply rocks. I recently got a Leviathan, a Nike Smoke, and some SU motors from them. Shipping is free with orders over $100.00 - just had to pay the hazmat charge on the motors but I bought about a dozen to spread the cost per motor.

Last edited:
Wow Nate,,,,,,,
This place sounds like a better deal
on a regular basis............
Give em a look.............

Teddy

Those are some really good prices. The Argent for $42! Haven't checked shipping yet but still some sweet deals!

Back