Estes rocket motors

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hakudoh

Reaction score
I'm having trouble getting Estes' rocket motors in Japan. Anyone know when production will start?

エステスは常にモーターを生産しています。それよりも配送の問題だと思います。
ありがとう
日本の輸入代理店は、黒い粉は生産されていないと言っています.

ありがとう
日本の輸入代理店は、黒い粉は生産されていないと言っています.
Estes just purchased one of the black powder production plants in the Untied States, the only one if memory serves. From what I understand, stocks haven’t really been affected.

I do know that they have been unable to produce 29mm E and F motors because of issues with the Chinese manufacturer of the casings.

Estes just purchased one of the black powder production plants in the Untied States, the only one if memory serves. From what I understand, stocks haven’t really been affected.

I do know that they have been unable to produce 29mm E and F motors because of issues with the Chinese manufacturer of the casings.
Estes motor casings are manufactured here in the United States.

thank you. I will wait for the day when it will be imported to Japan again.

Do you know if estes produces them or is it someone else? Can I order the casings directly from the manufacturer?
The motor tubes are produced by another company who only deals in large sales (thousands/millions) of units to businesses.

Do you know if estes produces them or is it someone else? Can I order the casings directly from the manufacturer?

I can't/won't vouch for the wisdom of making your own BP motors, but since your question was about the tubes... there is at least one company out there (maybe more) that sells tubes that are appropriate for model rocketry. Just google "parallel wound model rocket motor tube" and you'll be able to see what is available tube wise.

Be careful, BP motors can be rather difficult to make and tend to go boom or at-least make a fireball if made incorrectly.

Back