Estes Reintroducing Some Old Kits

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Great!:mad: Now everyone will want the Photon Probe and mine wont be special anymore! I just can't understand why a pink rocket never caught on.

That's Amazing!
They finally are getting the hint!:lol:

I just finished downscaling the Payloader-II, flutter-by and centuri Javelin!
So new I have even added the caption stats to most of the pics

MM 327a-sm_Micro Flutter-By 2.6x downscale_03-18-07.jpg

I just wonder who is giving them the idea of what to release?

Wonders if the Pegasus is the target drone and not a reworked Kaydet. Would like to see them offer their old Scud, Bomarc and Mini-Bomarc kits.
:surprised:

I can't wait!!! I built a photon disrupter as a kid. I spent probally 5 hours on the paint, I used airplane dope instead of regular paint and it was flawless. The very first flight I put a C6 motor in it and it flew straight as an arrow. Unfortunately it went cleat outa sight :cry: This time I think I'll be more conservative on my motor choices. I'm glad I'll get the chance to build some of the kits I always wanted but never got around to.

The "ultimate" rocket of my memory was the Satellite Interceptor my brother started to build. It was too complex for me, so I watched in wonder as he put it together. He never finished (job-> car -> girls ->) and I've wanted one ever since. I was thinking of scouring eBay, and now I don't have to!

I see the Phoenix bird description was updated to read that it will have foil decals like the orginal. TTW fins must be the plan or they would have updated that too.

I'd rather pay the $30 MSRP that the Eliminator costs to get the fin can and BT-56 on a Phoenix Bird, but TTW fins on this model might be kind of cool.

What I really can't believe is that the Optima will have a balsa cone. A balsa version pf the PNC-80k has to cost way more than the plastic piece.

Phoenix Bird 1.jpg

Glad to see Estes following through on this idea. :) I don't recognize any of these re-releases but maybe my era 1975-82 :cool: will come in 2010.

Glad to see Estes following through on this idea. :) I don't recognize any of these re-releases but maybe my era 1975-82 :cool: will come in 2010.

I'm from the same era and every single one of those kits was also.
Keep in mind that a good number of those listed are Centuri re-releases.:)

Cool!!! It is great that the Excalibur 2 will be reintroduce! I used to have that one and never knew what happend to it. Four more are on my list and maybe a fifth one. I hope that Estes has been following our comments regarding the decals being to fragile to handle. Ah, and for the Alien Invader without the classic NC, I have a fix for it: get a smaller NC, cut it in half, sand the inside to conform to the bigger NC, glue and fill as needed. Worked for me on another "still to finish" project.

MisCohetes-001sm.jpg

I can't wait!!! I built a photon disrupter as a kid. I spent probally 5 hours on the paint, I used airplane dope instead of regular paint and it was flawless. The very first flight I put a C6 motor in it and it flew straight as an arrow. Unfortunately it went cleat outa sight :cry: This time I think I'll be more conservative on my motor choices. I'm glad I'll get the chance to build some of the kits I always wanted but never got around to.

The Photon Disruptor is the one that caught my eye. I also put extra effort into mine and had better results than earlier builds. I don't recall what motor I used for it's first flight, but the next time I saw it was a year later hanging in a tree about 1/4 mile away. Mother nature was not kind.......

The PD and Optima are on my short list.

I'm from the same era and every single one of those kits was also.
Keep in mind that a good number of those listed are Centuri re-releases.:)

I don't believe the Space Plane, Micro Probe, Chuter 2, Flutter-By, Marauder, Optima or ARV Condor were from the years he mentioned... Many are, but not "every single one".

Wonders if the Pegasus is the target drone and not a reworked Kaydet. Would like to see them offer their old Scud, Bomarc and Mini-Bomarc kits.
:surprised:
And the Wolverine. Don't forget the Wolverine! At least they did honor my request for a reissue of the Photon Disruptor...looks like that wish will come true anyway! :D

Most of these kits are from the 70's- early 80's, but many are Centuri models... so if you were an Estes-only rocketeer you may not recognize the names. But if you are a Centuri fan, you will be very happy. :cool:

Regarding the Alien Invader, I think that Moldin Oldies may have made a resin cone. Sirius Rocketry to taking over the Moldin Oldies line, so we may have an answer to the Alien Invader nose cone problem.

Back