Estes Rascal and Hi-Jinks. (1499)

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Back_at_it

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
I've owned and lost a few of these over the years. When the opportunity to pick up a set of them for .50 at a garage sale appeared, I grabbed them regardless of how bad a shape they were in.

When I got these home, the launch lugs were missing, internals were missing or melted, Fin cans were loose on both and the body tubes had seen better days. Someone really got their money out of this pair.

Did the basics to get them back in the air. Gutted the internals, Added Kevlar leader and elastic for the shock cords. Put everything back Together with the appropriate adhesives. The body tube was thin places so I soaked those areas in CA then shot on a couple of coats of primer and sanded. At one point I recall seeing a gold and chrome pair of these offered from Estes. Since I had the paint I figured I would re-create that look.

Here is what I started with. Actually this is about half way through the restoration process. They were in pieces when I got them :)

Rascal and Hi Jinks 1.jpg

Finished restoration.

R1.jpgR2.jpg

Back