• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Rocketry Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Found Estes R2-D2 Kit #1301, or just the right parts of it

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gunstar

Reaction score
Hi, I'm looking for the original Estes R2-D2 rocket kit, #1301. The one they came out with in the late 70's and released for Star War's 15th anniversary. If I get one, I will make 3d scans of the plastic parts (including the fins), a laser cutter template for the centering rings (both for 18mm and 24mm engines) and a high res scan of the decals (better than what is currently online) to share with the rocketing community for free. Then anyone can recreate this wonderful oddroc, even scale it up.

I have a partial kit, so if you just have a leg, the skirt that goes at the bottom of the body tube, the lens for the dome head, and/or a body tube that haven't been painted or altered, those are the parts I would need to complete my kit.
cR2model.jpg

Back