Estes - Quark (#0802) Gallery

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

fishtech

Reaction score
can't help myself.
I just love building these little things.
Has been launched and recovered.

10312010 024.jpg

Micromeister

Micro Craftman/ClusterNut
TRF Lifetime Supporter
TRF Supporter
Reaction score
My Quark is a Micro Converted rear ejection pod with Teflon wadding/Streamer recover model. Brings it back a bit slower and a good bit more visible:)

MM 319p03-sm_Quark MicroPower 2 pic(110dpi)_08-12-06.jpg

sod4

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
Here's mine.

Orange so it's easier to find on the ground.

[EDIT] launched and retrieved 3 times. Did not realize that tumble recovery means ballistic recovery. All three times it was found fins up in the mud.

2011-12-11_11-07-07_475.jpg

Last edited:

JAL3

Reaction score
Welcome to the Estes Quark (#0802) Gallery on TRF.

This gallery showcases the Estes Quark (#0802) and those rockets derived from it. Particularly appropriate in this thread are the following:

Estes: Quark: #0802

as well as any upscales, downscales, clones, kitbashes or other derivative works. Even Goonies qualify!

Last edited:

JAL3

Reaction score
Estes Quark (#0802) Basic Information.

Estes Industries

MODEL NAME: Quark Also known as:

NUMBER: #0802

Introduced: 1997
Final Year:
Designer:

Type: Sport
Motor Mount: 1x13mm
Recovery: Tumble
Stages: 1
Length: 5.2 in. (13.2 cm)
Diameter: 0.54 in. (14 mm)
Span:
Weight: 1 oz

Mfg. Description: The Quark is a mini engine powered mighty mite! This little alien rocket flies at supersonic speeds! At just over 5 inches this tiny, amazing mini engine powered model rocket is able to reach launch heights over 800 feet. This mini rocket also features tumble recovery system - no parachute or streamer to worry about. Its slender nose cone shape and radically swept fins make this one of the coolest looking mini rockets in the Estes line.

This rocket is a compact Skill Level 1 kit and is incredibly easy to construct using just seven parts. This sky grabbing, little demon can be built and finished in an afternoon for tons of flying fun. With its unique aerodynamic design, you'll enjoy launching the Quark over and over! Get a little "Quarky" and have some fun with this one! (Estes 2012 Web Ad)

Advertising Liveries

Estes 1997 Catalog
Estes 1998 Catalog
Estes 2000 Catalog

Estes 2001 Catalog
Estes 2002 Catalog
Estes 2003 Catalog

Estes 2004 Catalog
Estes 2005 Catalog
Estes 2006 Catalog

Estes 2007 Catalog
Estes 2008 Catalog
Estes 2010 Catalog

Estes 2012 Web Ad

Face Card(s)

Instruction Header(s)

First post in this thread featuring this rocket.

See Also: LINKS
EMRR
RocketReviews
Mfg. Page

If you have any additional information on this rocket and/or catalog photos please let us know.

Last edited:

Fud91

Reaction score
Here's my Quark. Fun, easy build. Not a fan of the peel-and-press decals though - too thick. Wish they had been water-slide.

Quark.jpg

Fud91

Reaction score
Here's my Quark. Fun, easy build. Not a fan of the peel-and-press decals though - too thick. Wish they had been water-slide.

View attachment 163773
So finally got to launch it this weekend and found it to be the Mini-Lawn Dart that others have mentioned here. Not sure how Estes got this design to tumble as built per the instructions. Anyone have any thoughts on this? Kind of messed up the nice paint job I had on the nose here since it augerred in about an inch when it hit the ground....

mooffle

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
Here's my Quark.
Posted this build in another, um, controversial thread on 'ballistic recoveries'. Quark modded for streamer recovery and decorated by my assistant (he's 3). Even though the streamer is a short piece of mylar packed almost totally in the nose, the mod worked rather well, no ballistics. The silver also helped for spotting in the sun unlike a lot of featherweight builds I read about.
The fin had to be splice fixed from hitting the sidewalk.

Attachments

Latest posts