• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Rocketry Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Estes PSII Kits, Saturn V, D Region Tomahawk, plus some LPR

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ThirstyBarbarian

Reaction score
I have a ton of great Estes MPR kits in my build pile that I am never going to get to. And I’m also interested in getting some more HPR kits. I’ve reached the point where something must go out before something new comes in. So I’ve decided to put a bunch of the MPR kits up for sale to clear out some garage space for some HPR builds.

All of the kits below are in sealed packaging (except for the Saturn V, which was sealed when I got it and has only been opened once).

The prices do not include shipping. I’d prefer to use USPS Standard Shipping with Insurance for the value of the purchase. That will come to $15 for one box to anywhere in the US. More than one rocket will fit in the boxes I have, so you can really save some money if you get more than one kit. Also, I live in Dublin, CA (in the San Francisco Bay Area), so if you live nearby, maybe we can arrange a pick-up and forgo the shipping altogether.

I will accept payment by PayPal (or by cash if meeting in person).

Here is the list!

• Nike Smoke --- $30 SOLD!
  • Ventris (I have 3 of these for sale! What was I thinking?) --- $25 each 2 SOLD, 1 Pending, 0 Left
  • Argent --- $25 SOLD!
  • D Region Tomahawk (I think this is OOP now) --- $20 Pending
  • Saturn V Est 2157 (This one is NOT sealed, but it is complete and unbuilt) --- $70 SOLD!

For-Sale1.jpg

For-Sale2.jpg

I also have a few LPR kits that I don’t really need, but I haven’t checked on the cost of obtaining small boxes and shipping those, and the boxes I have right now are way too big to be practical. If you are buying one of the larger rockets above, I can add the LPRs below to the same box for the prices below. Otherwise, if you just want an LPR, I’ll check on what it would cost to ship it.

List of LPR kits:

• Xarconian Cruiser --- $15 Pending
  • Reflector --- $12 Pending
  • Long Tom --- $12 Pending
  • Shuttle Xpress --- $10 Pending
  • Flutter-By (Opened, but complete and unbuilt) --- $5

For-Sale3.jpg

If you are interested, shoot me a PM. I’m going by first come, first served --- this is not an auction.

If you have any questions or want more pics, let me know.

Last edited:
Pm on Saturn V

Edit: Payment sent. Woohoo! I mean, Meep!

Last edited:
Grog, I got your PM, but your inbox is full, so my reply did not go through to you. Clear some messages, and I'll send you the full reply.

In the meantime, yes, I still have the Nike Smoke, and you are the first to PM me about it, so it's yours if you want it!

Pm on Saturn V

Edit: Payment sent. Woohoo! I mean, Meep!

That transactions was so fast, I'd reply to your Beaker "Meep" with a Roadrunner "Meep," but I'm afraid of the consequences!

aa51607b4c18a4f4671cda2cb46a7b9c.jpg

PM on the Nike! Tim

OK add the Long Tom for an extra 10 bucks! Tim

Thanks, Tim. Unfortunately, I have 2 requests for the Nike that came in via PM ahead of yours. If anything falls through with those 2, you are in line for it.

I'm going to assume the Long Tom is something you only want as an add-on to the Nike. I'll hold it for you until I hear different, but please let me know in case someone else would like it.

Thanks!

I got the PayPal payment for the Nike Smoke, so that one is now sold!

Now we are down to a couple of Ventrises, an Argent, and the D Region Tomahawk, plus the LPR. I bought so many of these PSII kits at one point that I'm keeping one each of the Ventris and Argent in my build pile, while putting these others on sale. These are great kits, but I was nuts to buy so many! Honestly, I won't be heartbroken if the D Region Tomahawk doesn't sell --- that looks like a very cool kit, and I think it is OOP now.

That leaves an Argent, a Ventris, and a D Region Tomahawk. And all the LPR are still available!

If someone wanted to go big, the Argent, Ventris, and Tomahawk will definitely all fit in one $15 box, and I will knock off an additional $5 --- $80 for all three shipped! WHAT A DEAL!

If someone wanted to buy ALL the LPR in one shot, I would throw in a Riptide Starter Set that includes a Riptide rocket, launch pad, and launch controller (A $35 value!) for FREE! That would be a pretty sweet start in LPR --- all the launch equipment, an RTF rocket, an E2X, 2 skill level 1's, a skill level 2, and a skill level 5. You could work your way up the skill ladder! Fun for the whole family! All for the low, low price of $69 shipped!

Don't these two look cute together?

Ventris-Reflector1.jpg

It's like a big kid and his little brother. The fin style is a little bit different, but the overall design and paint scheme --- black payload section, roll pattern, white BT, and red fins --- it looks very similar. If someone wants this combo, I'll knock a couple bucks off.

I just got another PM on the following rockets, so these ones are now pending.

Ventris/Reflector deal
Long Tom
Shuttle Xpress
D Region Tomahawk

That leaves the Argent, Xarconian Cruiser, and Flutter-By.

I'm not too concerned about the Argent, because it's still a pretty good deal if someone wants it. And if not, I have a kit-bash idea that might be fun with that one. And the Flutter-by is not taking up too much room in the garage!

But I would like to see the Xarconian Cruiser get into the hands of someone who will build it. It looks like a great kit, but it's just too detailed for my bad eyes and clumsy fingers! I found a box that is small enough to save some on shipping just that rocket, or that and the Flutter-By, for $10. So if you are interested in the Xarconian Cruiser, I can send that out for $25 including shipping. Or, if you want to get the Argent, I will give a few bucks off the Zarconian Cruiser to add it to your order. Same for anyone who has already ordered a kit --- I'll let you have it for a few bucks off to add it to the box I am already sending you.

I just got another PayPal Payment, so one Ventris and the Argent move from pending to sold. Now everything is ether pending or sold, except for the Xarconian Cruiser and the Flutter-By. Neither one of these really makes very much sense to ship on its own, because the shipping compared to the price of the rocket is too much. If anyone who already has placed an order wants to make an offer on the Xarconian Cruiser, let me know before I hit the post office in a couple hours, and I will add it to your box. Or, if you are local to the SF Bay area and can meet up and avoid shipping, that would be fine too. Otherwise, as soon as I get payment for the last pending order, I'll shut down the sale, and the Xarconian Cruiser will sit there in my build pile, mocking my poor eyesight and clumsy fingers. Cruel Xarconians...

Thanks everyone who bought something and everyone who read the offer! I'm very happy to get these kits cleared out of my build pile and to get space for new things to ADD to my build pile --- time is a flat circle! I hope everyone is pleased with the kits that will be arriving on your doorsteps shortly!

Just got an offer on the Xarconian Cruiser, so that is everything! Unless the pending items fall through, which I don't think will happen, this ad is now closed.

Thanks everyone!

Great! And thank you!

I really hope you enjoy the kit and post pics when you get it built. I am just not a talented enough builder yet to do it justice.

The half built Saturn 1B on my bench would imply that I'm not either, but I'm sure gonna try after my L2 rocket gets to primer.

Back