Estes Prowler

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mkmilion

Reaction score
Wondering if anyone has a fin scan and/or decal scan of one. That'd be great if you did cause I need decals made and Tango Papa don't have the Prowler's readily availible. Help me out who can, and thanks. :cool:

I don't have the scan you're looking for, but may have a source for the fin patterns. Do you have / use Rocksim? If so, the data file for the Estes Prowler is available from the EMRR Rocksim Library at https://www.rocketreviews.com.

Here's the file from EMRR (I am thinking about building a second! It's a great flyer and can be modified in numerous ways.)

Hope this helps!

It's a crying shame Estes dis-co'd the Prowler.
That was (is) one of my favs. Mine is busted up pretty good, and I'd love to get my hands on an un-opened kit.

As you can see looking closely in the pic at the bottom white glow-in-the-dark ring decal, I wrote "17" for serial number 17. My 17th bird.

My paint job on this thing just exudes a "prowler" modus operandi. And yeah, to contradict myself from my earlier posts, there are times when decals are *cool*. Getting home from work after dark, and seeing the word Prowler leaning against the wall....it could be that credit card commercial. . . .Priceless.

They still come up on ebay every now and then for decent prices, i've got two built and did both of em with 24mm motor mounts instead of the 18's, they are great flyers...

They're still hanging on hobby shop displays around here. I had to pick one up to replace the one I lost on it's first flight back in September. I clustered it and the C6-5x3 ejection broke the Kevlar shock cord. I recovered the nose cone and parachute, but the body tube was long gone. I'll try to scan the fin pattern tonight and send it to you if you still need it.

That is the only thing really holding it back from flying. I would appreciate it so much. I would definately owe you one. Well all I can do is thank you for now.:D :D :D :D :D

Fishhead,

Could you scan the plans and templates and send to Jim Z's or the Rocketshoppe to be posted for all. I'd love to clone up a new Prowler. I received the correct nose cone from a combo pack I got from Red Arrow Hobbies.

Thanks,

Stymye,
I appreciate the attempted help, but when I go to that link and click on the Prowler line, all I get is a page full of "Fortune City" web hosting boxes. No rocket plans. Any idea what went wrong?

Originally posted by rkt2k1
Fishhead,

Could you scan the plans and templates and send to Jim Z's or the Rocketshoppe to be posted for all. I'd love to clone up a new Prowler. I received the correct nose cone from a combo pack I got from Red Arrow Hobbies.

Thanks,

I thought of that tonight. I'll eventually get around to it. I've got a disc full of plans and EAC paper stuff that I've been meaning to send to Scott, but I keep getting more. One of these days I'll just have to say "enough is enough" and send it.

Gotta tell ya - love the prowler. Screams to be up-engined, and was the first kit bash I ever did... Great kit!

Loopy

I was wonder if you guys that own one or know on hand the dimensions of the decals that would be great. I got Tango Papa waiting on the right scale size.
I figured that it wouldn't be to hard for one of you to just measure one of them off your rockets.
Thanx in advance.

Originally posted by Loopy
Gotta tell ya - love the prowler. Screams to be up-engined, and was the first kit bash I ever did... Great kit!

Loopy

Well, if while stomping around in search of lost rockets, you find a clustered Prowler body lying around in the wilds of the VOA, that would be mine. I got the nose cone, shock cord and parachute back.
On second thought, that was back in September. If you find it now, you can keep it.:D

And a shot of the business end. This one cluster nicely with only a little sanding.

Back