Estes Pro Series II kits on sale at Fry's

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rocket23085

Reaction score
Estes Pro Series II kits on sale at Fry's

Most kits are on sale for $20; Mega Red Max is $25. Limited to stock on hand. No mail order.

Mike J.

The good news is that they are willing to ship (as these sale prices) Partizon, Pro II launch pad, G40, G80 motors.

The bad news is I seem to be caught in an endless loop at check out. Have either ordered twice or not at all.

I read this as my two year old is taking a bath, and my wife and older son are out. Do you think he can manage until I get back? Probably not, right?

Hum, decisions, decisions.

Separate thought:
Everybody all together, Mega Der Red Drag Race!

Thanks for the heads up. Just got back with a MDRM and 4 G80s...out the door for $70.

In addition to the kits, all composite motors are $9.99.

Missed out on this a couple of weeks ago..wanted a MDRM also . Was able to get Fyrwrxz Dave a Nike Smoke.

will call in the morning and try to make drive to San Marcos.

Kenny

Buzzard PM'd me earlier so I just about cleaned out my local Fry's....left a couple motors and half dozen kits....but came home with a shopping cart full!

image.jpg

Figured out the web order. They will ship you a Partizon, launch pad, etc., but can't check out with default shipping and motors in the cart. No indication that you can't, but you can't.

Now, who will be so kind as to buy a Pro Series II Red Max for me and send it at low cost, please? Our nearest Frys is I think at least 1500 miles away. Thanks in advance.

I want 3 of all the pro series kits shipping to the UK. Prices here are about $80USD plus!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Rocketry Forum

At home, I have access to a few different Frys stores, but I'm on a little vacation right now! Maybe there will be something left when I get back... If Fred doesn't get there first...

Last edited:
At the Fry's on 635 in Irving, I left (2) Ventris, (2) Leviathan, (2) Argent and (2) Partizon.

I cleaned them out of motors though....$9.99 is just too good a price. I did leave (2) G40's and maybe (4) F26's.

I started the Nike Smoke last night.

Thanks for the heads up... I just picked up a Partizon, an Argent, and 2 G40's + some igniters for $67. I will probably go back during the week and pick up some more motors for Spring fest. All they had were F's and G40, but still at $9.99 each.......

Of course the rocket I really wanted is in stores only and there isn't one anywhere close to me. I did order a mega mosquito that I will modify to 29mm... Ought to be interesting.

The stores around San Jose seem to have a bunch of stock.

I scored 4 Mega Red Max's and 2 Nike Smokes.

Saw Oddmanrockets at the San Marcos Frys.we both got Mega Der Red Max and some G80-7.

Leviathan was first kit sold out both locations, now Nike and MDRM are sold out in San Diego and San Marcos.

Kenny

Hey slipperyfrog, did you see any more Nike Smokes left at any of the San Jose stores?

Hey slipperyfrog, did you see any more Nike Smokes left at any of the San Jose stores?

I saw them at 2 stores online when I purchased. If you put them in your basket online it will show if the store has them. I'm not from San Jose so I bought them online and got confirmation of filled order. My brother is picking them up.

At the Fry's on 635 in Irving, I left (2) Ventris, (2) Leviathan, (2) Argent and (2) Partizon.

I did not see any rocketry items (of any sort) at the Fry's in Arlington. Bummer.
(That store looks like it is half closed down---empty shelves in one end of the building, lots of empty space)

Powderburner,

At the Arlington Fry's I found the rockets in a corner to the right of the very loud display of TVs and the computer games. Lots of Estes kits not on sale, although the Mega Mosquito is $15. I had asked a young lady when I arrived where the hobby items were, said RC helicopters and she had no clue. Concur that they did not have a lot of lights on and it seemed a bit sparse in some areas.

Chas

Just nabbed a couple of Leviathan's at the Las Vegas store for $19.99. Looks like they still have some of that model in stock.

A Nike Smoke would be nice...gonna have to go check...they have Corsair Vengeance RAM on sale, too, and I need some for another build.

Not cool man. You cherry picked my local stores before I saw the thread. :p

I saw them at 2 stores online when I purchased. If you put them in your basket online it will show if the store has them. I'm not from San Jose so I bought them online and got confirmation of filled order. My brother is picking them up.

I cleaned them out of motors though....$9.99 is just too good a price. I did leave (2) G40's and maybe (4) F26's.

I started the Nike Smoke last night.

Fred! I was just razzing you a bit. I am not in Texas. Get as many as you want!

Drove out to Burbank cuz the Fry's website said they had everything. Motors were all gone except for two F50-4's, they had a few rockets left though. I'll try another store tomorrow near by my work, my guess is that they're already cleaned out too.

Just looked at their website...the Nike Smoke and Red Max Pro Series kits were on sale for $19.99 - $24.99. Tried to order online but these are only available in store. Too bad they are on the west coast and I'm in Mass...

You are very lucky to have a Hobby Store that has Sales in your State. We only have one Hobby Store in my State, and they never have Sales because it's not a Chain Store, just some guys Hobby Shop. Don't get me wrong, it's a great little shop, but you don't go there looking for a Deal.
The nearest Hobby Lobby is in New Hampshire, 125 Miles away from me.:(
I've never even heard of Frys.:(

THANK YOU Buzzard for the great heads up!

This morning I was able to get a PSII Mega Der Red Max ($25.xx), a PSII Nike Smoke ($19.xx), and a regular Der Red Max ($17.xx).

I feel like those of long ago, who got the last of the rare Estes or Centuri kits for a song.

Greg

Back