• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Rocketry Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Estes Pro Command Controller battery door

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CharlaineC

Reaction score
I'm looking for the batery compartment door for the estes pro command controller. I lost mine a while ago and really would like to find one to replace mine. I am also interested in finding a power plex launch pad. or a used mantis pad as i canot afford a new one.

Last edited:
neither have to be

the power plex as to be in semly good because replacement parts are not avalable but the mantis pad doesnt matter

I'll send you a PM about the sorted details of my Mantis.

I can't send pics to you directly so I posted them here.

Mantis1.jpg

Mantis2.jpg

I'm looking for the batery compartment door for the estes pro command controller. I lost mine a while ago and really would like to find one to replace mine. I am also interested in finding a power plex launch pad. or a used mantis pad as i canot afford a new one.
Our Lowes is clearing out survey tripods for about $35. You would have to rig up a rod/rail mount, but quite a bit more stout than those plastic jobs.

I can't send pics to you directly so I posted them here.

I have a brand new Mantis body with no legs or deflector. I can make a deflector but the legs are semi-expensive (3/5" square aluminum extrusion) unless I find them at a surplus sale or perhaps get them from another Mantis owner who had the plastic body destroyed somehow.

If you need a body, make me an offer as I don't really like the Mantis and would only complete it to sell it cheap to a local club member who wanted it for it's cool looks even though it "dances".

I also have several Command Control units in the box available for $50 plus shipping and 2 or 3 Astron controllers (including one of the very old rounded units) with the wires extended over 30 feet for the current NAR MRSC available for $30 each plus postage.

I know somewhere where you can call Charlaine and get the full contollers for a negotiable price.

I saw a few up in Champaign IL at a place called: Slot & Wing Hobbies (217) 359-1909. They're a scratch and dent outlet for Tower Hobbies.

If you call, the controllers are back in their clearance section, near the ground, and the price is negotiable - no joke! You name a price, and they'll go up or down. I picked up three brand new Mosquitos, a few rare Estes nose cones, and an assortment of centering rings, etc. for $2.00 plus tax.

If your really want, around mid-February, I can make a trip up there for gas money only. It's about 180 miles one way.

I have the mantis now but am still looking for the battery compartment door for the command controler.

Sorry, I've been pulled a million different directions. Let me see if I can schedule a trip up to Champaign this month. I didn't make it on the 6th or 7th.

Back