Estes Print Catalog?!

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hobby shops around here have had a price sticker on it for 7-8 years at least.

I thought they had stopped a print edition... I haven't seen any in local hobby shops in Houston for years. I just moved to Beaumont, TX a few months ago; there certainly aren't any here.

I guess that's on your local vendors. The print version has carried on right along, as far as I can tell. I have several of last year's edition because they were thrown into various orders with some of the online retailers. I keep one in my tool box for motor reference info.

I guess that's on your local vendors. The print version has carried on right along, as far as I can tell. I have several of last year's edition because they were thrown into various orders with some of the online retailers. I keep one in my tool box for motor reference info.

IIRC, there was a short period of years when Estes did not have a paper catalog but did have it on their website as a PDF file.

In any case, the paper catalog has been back for several years now. But it is the store's choice to carry any or not. A shop I go to has them, you can get one free if you buy an Estes product, otherwise they charge something for it.

I just LOVE the 2016 catalog, due to the Little Joe-II on the cover.

- George Gassaway

IIRC, there was a short period of years when Estes did not have a paper catalog but did have it on their website as a PDF file.
- George Gassaway

That's what I remember, despite their site having a catalog for every year. Starting with the 2005 catalog, the pdfs on the site are digital originals and not photocopies of the catalog.

Could be, but as others have noted, the print catalog has been (back) with us for quite a while. I expect the difference in the online catalogs comes from a difference in the process in how the catalog was generated more than anything else. Probably starting in '05, they switched from traditional formatting to a more modern, digital-based process. That would be my guess; it seems like the basic style of the artwork changed at that time too.

That's what I remember, despite their site having a catalog for every year. Starting with the 2005 catalog, the pdfs on the site are digital originals and not photocopies of the catalog.

Hmmm... I'm puzzled by your use of that archaic word "photocopies" :). The physical copies of the 2008, 2010, and 2015 catalogs I have look exactly like the pdf's on Estes website.

Hmmm... I'm puzzled by your use of that archaic word "photocopies" :). The physical copies of the 2008, 2010, and 2015 catalogs I have look exactly like the pdf's on Estes website.

Your physical copies are unbound sheets without folds or staples?

I would have loved to get catalogs to hand out but neither of my distributors got any last year or this year. I guess if I want any I would have to go through Great Planes (Estes parent company)

Can be purchased from JohRocket.com for one penny with any order from them.
If you call Estes Customer Support, they may send you some free ones if they think you handing them out for a group or school function.
Estes use to send a free one with every order. It's been years since I ordered from them though.

I think every time I ordered stuff from Belleville Hobby last year, I got another copy of the 2015 catalog included free with the order. The LHS has also had them for sale, though I haven't checked to see if they have the '16 version on hand. It seems pretty hit and miss who got them, based on the comments here...

Back