Estes Polaris

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

danieljh14

Reaction score
I'm looking to build a Estes Polaris #2174. I have all the parts I just need the lengths of the body tubes.

BT-50 is 11.25" long

BT-50J is 2.75" long

...and the BT-20J is 2.75" long :D

Thanks for the lengths. I thought the bottom tube was BT-55. Is it really a BT-50?

Thanks for the lengths. I thought the bottom tube was BT-55. Is it really a BT-50?

Yup. The Polaris is a BT-50 rocket. Same diameter tube for booster and payload.
'Course now that you have the dimensions, you could always upscale it to a BT-55 ;)

Ok I just realized Estes has two different rockets named Polaris. The information you have given me is for the older Polaris model. I am looking for information on the newer one. I'm not sure when exactly it was released but I think it was around 2001. It looks very similar to the Guardian.

I think your referring to this one... the chart I was using is wrong. But I found the plans on YORF :eek:

#2174 Plans

EMRR: Review with a rocksim file

Last edited:
If you're looking to build the one InFlight just posted, the lower BT is 11.25 " and the upper BT is 2.75"

Here is what you need to do, measure the length of the nose cone and transition that you have.

The forward BT50 tube that the canards glue onto is 2.75" long. So add up the length of nose cone, transition and BT50 tube then subtract from 18.75" and that will give you an accurate length for the main BT55 airframe.

Back