Estes Phoenix

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SpartaChris

Reaction score
I flew my Estes Phoenix today on an F-21. Man, what a flight! But, it suffered a major casualty when I lost the nose cone. It came detached from the rocket and went ballistic I think into someones back yard... Needless to say, there probably wasn't much left so I didn't even bother looking for it.

Would anyone know where I can get another noce cone for it? Would the 2.6" nose cone from Aerotech or the 2.56" LOC or PML nose cones work? The nose that Estes has listed on it's site isn't an ogive, but has the fat rounded tip..

Any other recommendation would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks guys.

-Chris

I've used several different 2.6" nose cones (LOC & PML) on mine, and all have done passably well. If you're looking for the exact same length/shape, you might have to just go looking for it online somewhere from someone who sells spare parts.

WW

Originally posted by SpartaChris
I flew my Estes Phoenix today on an F-21. Man, what a flight! But, it suffered a major casualty when I lost the nose cone. It came detached from the rocket and went ballistic I think into someones back yard... Needless to say, there probably wasn't much left so I didn't even bother looking for it.

Would anyone know where I can get another noce cone for it? Would the 2.6" nose cone from Aerotech or the 2.56" LOC or PML nose cones work? The nose that Estes has listed on it's site isn't an ogive, but has the fat rounded tip..

Thanks guys.

-Chris

I've got a nose cone from a lawn darted Phoenix. The rocket is trashed by the nose is OK. Want it? I'm getting rid of stuff on the payforward basis in preparation to moving.

Yeah, that would be awesome! How much, or are you just looking to dump it?

Where do you live?

-Chris

I have a kitbashed Phoenix to handle 3 24mm mounts. It flew once, stable, and spectacular, but on the landing, it broke one of the rear fins, and broke the bond/fillet on that fin, and an adjacent one.

I'll sell cheap, you pick it up, or handle shipping costs.

:D
RD

Yeah, that would be awesome! How much, or are you just looking to dump it?

Where do you live?

-Chris

The "payforward" or "pay it forward" system works great on TRF. I think it is being offered for free so long as along the way you hook someone else up. It's a good system, and good movie too! (Search for "Pay it Forward" on Google - Kevin Spacey, Helen Hunt, and that kid from "Sixth Sense" are in that movie. Haley Joel something-or-another? Eh, I forget.)

ahhh, ok, that makes sense. i didn't see the movie, but you had me at kevin spacey.. <grin>

the pay it forward method sounds awesome! i am down for helping someone else out when i can.

ducky, i appreciate the offer, but i love my phoenix and cannot cheat on it with one that is already pre-built! <grin> but i have a friends who might want it, so let me ask. PM me with how much you would be willing to sell it for and i will check with my friends.

-Chris

Make an offer, and cover shipping.

No parachute (I used a 32" 'parasheet' that came with an Estes Grab Bag) but it's got a long shock cord (instead of the 3" one they put in the kit) and all of the fins are properly beveled with healthy fillets. Aside from the two fins, it is in perfect shape. It is painted and stickered per the kit's instructions. Uses maxi rod lugs.

In fact, I'll say this. If you want to cover shipping, I'll send it. I've got a box that it fits in perfectly, which is roughly 25" x 8" x 8" and I'm sure it weighs near or just over a pound with the box's sturdy weight. Patch up the fins, and put a parachute in it, and you're ready to fly! It may need just a bit of nose weight, depending on motor choice, and it flys better in low wind, but it did fly great to 3200 - 3500'.

PM me with details.

:D
RD

anyone know a place where you can buy a phoenix nosecones (i asked in chat but didn't bookmark it)

anyone know a place where you can buy a phoenix nosecones

Hey! I just made you one!

Call Estes 1-800-525-7561 X 216

Tell Christine you want part number NC-80K or (071035)

Preformance Hobbies had some liste on their web site a while back for $5.00 I don't know if they have any left.

One Estes Phoenix nose cone packed and addressed and shipping out Monday 9/13.

Back