EStes Phoenix 1380

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nukemmcssret

Reaction score
I am looking for the correct fin patterns for the Estes Pheonix Rocket. If any one has the correct size pattern or even measurements for the fins I would appreciate a set. This is all that I need to finish my clone. Thanks nukemmcssret :)

Last edited:
I have an unopened Pheonix kit I'm about to open and start.
I would be more than happy to trace on card stock and send ya via snale mail.
Just PM me with your addy and I'll get it to ya.
I'm going for the upgrade kit from a place I seen on ebay. Then I'm gunna clone several cuz I gotta 5 pad system that can launch all at once and I think that would be a site for anyones eyes.
And if I ever figger out how to get pics and vids on this forum, I'd love to share.

If you need some great waterslide decals ,Gordon"Sandman" has them over at excelsiorrocketry.com

I got mine from him for my clone.Very nice !

Paul T

If you need some great waterslide decals ,Gordon"Sandman" has them over at excelsiorrocketry.com

I got mine from him for my clone.Very nice !

Paul T

I received my decals and the rocket is basically built. I need to sand the fins the proper way and attach them. I have a toe injury that keeping me from doing anything at the moment. I will post a picture or two in a few days. nukemmmcssret :D

You should have the pattern template in your email.
Let me know if you need anything more.
Glad I could help considering how much help everyone here has been to me. Lets me give a little, and feel like I'm all take.
Woody

I got it thanks Woody! The Chief :wink:

You sand with yer toes?

I wish I could sand with my toes. That way I could build them faster. :D My left leg is paralyzed from a forklift crush that happened going on 16 yrs. ago. The fourth toe on my left foot somehow bent back far enough to split it open almost all the way around, and I did not know for a few minutes. I take blood thinners so I was leaking prety good. went to get it sewed up. But after ten days, the darn stitches did not pull it together enough. They took them out yesterday, aaaand it is still oprn. UGH!!! So now I am stuck till it heals on it own. Only good thing about it is I cannot feel it. :(. I am building rockets at my desk. Here is the Snooper I have almost finished.

Snooper landing gear parts waiting for assembly.JPG

snooper engine pod assembled four.JPG

Snooper inside main body tube looking at motor mount from aft end.JPG

Snooper landing gear parts waiting for assembly one.JPG

IMG_0101.jpg

Yowsa!!! Doesnt sound pretty at all.

On that QModeling Snooper, do you think the springs will really help landers on impact? I put springs from pens ina bt5 cardstock vega. Only flew it a few times bit I think it helped.

Back