3D Printing Estes parts library

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dbrent

Reaction score
Is there an online resource where you can download 3D printer ready files for precise re-productions various Estes nosecones and fin cans? Or do most people work up and maintain their own files? I'm a 3D printing noob and am considering purchasing a PRUSA i3 Mk3S+ to aid in cloning projects where original parts are hard to find. For example, one of the first things I plan to print would be the original fin can used on the Challenger 1 and Scorpion models.

I have an original in the form an old Star Trek starter kit (one of the first rockets to use that fin can) but I really don't want to take it out of the package for measuring. I also have no experience with slicer programs although I will obviously need to learn that before I can do much with my printer. I was just hoping there was a "JimZ" type site for 3D printing oop parts!

Edit: I looked on "Thingiverse", and there were a couple of things there, but I didn't really see many precise part re-productions and nothing like an organized library of parts.

Last edited:
I will work on this during the week in the evenings after the holidays. .

This would be a good thing to have available. It would really be nice if we had the file by companies like ESTES, Centuri, and so on.

Back