Estes Packing Tape

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mjennings

Reaction score
Got my 1/2 off astrocam yesterday and I like the new Estes Packing Tape they are using now! I'd like a roll of it! Offsets my annoyance of the 20% off coupon in the catalog coming a few days after I ordered!

Haha. I noticed it too. Make it harder to hide it from my wife, but still thought it was cool.

Got my 1/2 off astrocam yesterday and I like the new Estes Packing Tape they are using now! I'd like a roll of it! Offsets my annoyance of the 20% off coupon in the catalog coming a few days after I ordered!
The Estes box I received had been crushed in the flat direction, and this caused the packing tape to fail, so I am not impressed with the tape. The astrocam boxes inside were packed to span the crush dimension, so they were partially crushed as well. The box had too much rattle and I seriously cosidered opening it in the presence of the USPS, in case I needed to file a claim. However, the contents were complete and usable. BTW, my early rocketry days, and paying for college, were paid for by working as a shipping/receiving clerk at a company that sold shipping supplies.

Was your package damaged like mine 😒
Worthless thin box they shipped my order in. The rocket kit I ordered (Supernova) is sliced open. There’s no sign if the package had any bubble wrap, packing peanuts or anything for protection of the contents. Ridiculousness.

Attachments

• 210938B5-2AEA-4F7D-9AE9-D61062224A1B.jpeg
    210938B5-2AEA-4F7D-9AE9-D61062224A1B.jpeg
    193.7 KB · Views: 32
  • E4086987-AF9F-42F0-B25E-3771A663CE8F.jpeg
    E4086987-AF9F-42F0-B25E-3771A663CE8F.jpeg
    195.4 KB · Views: 33
  • 470F2F77-742A-4D80-A1E8-1D09068A9C59.jpeg
    470F2F77-742A-4D80-A1E8-1D09068A9C59.jpeg
    194.3 KB · Views: 33
Last edited:
My box, which contained two AstroCams and two packs of A10-0Ts arrived in fine shape, and with several air pillows inside to keep things from bouncing about.

I thought the packing tape was cool, too.

Worthless thin box they shipped my order in. The rocket kit I ordered (Supernova) is sliced open. There’s no sign if the package had any bubble wrap, packing peanuts or anything for protection of the contents. Ridiculousness.
Send photos to Sandra and she'll probably/might resend the package.

You win, yours was worse than mine.

That hasn't been my experience -- the one time I did receive a damaged package they took care of me pretty quickly.

My box, which contained two AstroCams and two packs of A10-0Ts arrived in fine shape, and with several air pillows inside to keep things from bouncing about.

I thought the packing tape was cool, too.

Mine too. I actually commented on it to myself because I woulda guessed it to be loose packed in a box.

I really like the new packing tape. Makes it a little more fun to receive the package. Remember how great it was to receive those white Semroc labeled boxes?

Back