Estes Nose Cones

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

flying_silverad

Reaction score
I placed an order with Tower Hobbies about 2 weeks ago and even though the nose cones were on back order, I still recieved them sooner than expected. The problem is it seems like a crap shoot when ordering ESTES nose cones.

Let me explain. If you order from a vendor (could be anyone, not just Tower Hobbies) a 4 pack of nose cones for say BT55 you never know what you are getting! It seems that one part number covers any cone that will fit into a BT55. Is this a crazy way to do business or am I just being picky. In this case, I was trying to order the longer, pointer cone but I would have even settled for the shorter one (PNC55AC) but what i got instead was totally off the wall. The packs I got were 4-2piece cone/couplers that don't look at all like anything I have ever seen. They don't even look like cones from any of their current kits. (I will post pictures after dinner) The cone portion is short (3-3.5")with a double taper and 3 seams, 2 horizontal and one that partially comes up and over the front of the cone.

I know..."John, ask your darn question already!"

Okay, does anyone have the secret to ordering exact nose cones from ESTES without playing the crap shoot game?

There...I'm done.:D :D

John,

I just call Christine at Estes and Order them direct!

800-525-7561 X 216

sandman

OK, So where are those pics? I will be glad to trade you a few of the cones that you are looking for... ;)

And, yes, the cone selection is a crap shoot: :mad: I had the same thing happen to me, and I now only buy them at a shop when I can see them.....:cool:

Obviously, ESTES does not really care about parts sales. I am hoping that QUEST will start up their parts line again now that Bill Stine is at the helm. If that happens, ESTES may change thier tune to compete.

ESTES domination has lead to laziness over the years.... :eek:

Originally posted by astronboy
I will be glad to trade you a few of the cones that you are looking for...
Blimey - its as if Estes are trying to follow the marketing model of Pokemon Cards; with nose-cone assortments taking the place of 'booster packs'.

They'll be bringing out rare holographic/foiled nose-cones next.

;) :D

Originally posted by astronboy

And, yes, the cone selection is a crap shoot: :mad: I had the same thing happen to me, and I now only buy them at a shop when I can see them.....:cool:

Buy your nose cones from FlisKits. One at a time, you know what you're getting each and every time. :)

Hmm.... looks like the Estes Python nosecone and tailcone section. Interesting. Never seen the parts before, but that's what struck me first. Someone may actually buy those off you.

Check this out - <a href="https://www.tripolimontana.org/demery/Images/Python2.jpg">Estes Python</a>

WOW!

That's what you got!!!

That's the nose cone and bulkhead gfor the Estes AIM-9 Sidewinder!

COOL!...but that's probably not what you wanted, huh.

What cone do you want and how many?

We can fix this!

sandman

If someone can confirm this, I bet you could sell them on eBay and actually get a good return for it! So long as you mention that it would be perfect for an Estes Python clone, someone would pay a good dollar for each set.

Back