Estes new Vapor... weight?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tom

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
I am working on the new Estes Vapor I got from Hobby Lobby yesterday.

Cant seem to find its specification for weight anywhere?

Anyone have this number? Or maybe able to weigh theirs?

Thinking on maybe doing a streamer and need the weight of the rocket + spent casing to calaulate it's length. Hopefully it wont be 20 feet :D

Hmmm, I could not find the Vapor on Hobby Lobby's website, nor on Estes website. If you build it in OpenRocket, the sim should get you close enough to figure out your streamer length.

I am working on the new Estes Vapor I got from Hobby Lobby yesterday.

Cant seem to find its specification for weight anywhere?

Anyone have this number? Or maybe able to weigh theirs?

Thinking on maybe doing a streamer and need the weight of the rocket + spent casing to calaulate it's length. Hopefully it wont be 20 feet :D
Just put it on a scale.

Weight on packaging is not as important as people think, the builds rarely come in AT or under the weight shown. As others have said put it on a scale after building and finishing, or weigh all the parts and estimate how much glue and paint.

You could use the Star Orbiter specs - the Vapor is basically a 24mm powered SO with surface mount fins. Estes weight for the SO is 167 grams so a Vapor should be no more than that.

Thanks yea...I will weigh it once its finished but I plugged in 180 grams and the calculator came up with just shy of 10'-0".

That's a lot shorter than I had guessed at. Easley doable!

Heck I have a 9 footer in a magician. With the shiny milar tape carefully rolled up its about the size of a AA battery! :D

Woops slight miscalculation. It should be just shy of 200 grams including the spent motor casing (25 grams).

That computes out to 11 feet.

Still doable but thought I would make the correction in case anyone reads this in the future :D

Latest posts

Back