Estes/NCR SA 14 Archer plans

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

timster68

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
I am looking for the plans for the Estes/NCR SA 14 Archer, NCR# 3510. I am a bit confused on what I have seen on the web, with regards to the SA 14 Archer and the SA 14 Archer XL and which is which. Does someone know the difference?

Contact Matt Steele at NCR.
I doubt that you'll get the plans but maybe you'll get an explanation of the difference between the Archer and Archer XL.
Worth a shot.

OK Boss, here is some items to chew on that might help with the 4" Archer 14 by Estes which was around 57.8" Long as compared to the very old pre-estes model by NCR that may have been the 62" normally referred to, even by NCR Estes. I included a copy of the NCR Estes data sheet that shows the rocket was 57.8" long and not 62" when made under NCR Estes. I don't have the measurements for the decal sheets, you may be able to work this out or just get with Sticker Shock:)

If you have Rocsim, I included to files, one from online and one I worked up some time ago. I can tell you that the forward fins are made from 1/4" balsa.

I'm not a expert on this model but I don't believe the newer 2.6" Archer 14 is a true down scale of the 4" model.

Hope this helps!

Attachments

• Archer decals 3b.jpg
    Archer decals 3b.jpg
    43.4 KB · Views: 24
  • Archer decals 3a.jpg
    Archer decals 3a.jpg
    41.7 KB · Views: 26
  • Archer decals 2.jpg
    Archer decals 2.jpg
    105 KB · Views: 22
  • Archer decals 1.jpg
    Archer decals 1.jpg
    35.6 KB · Views: 39
  • SA 14 Acher.jpg
    SA 14 Acher.jpg
    74 KB · Views: 49
  • SA-14ArcherNCR.jpg
    SA-14ArcherNCR.jpg
    85 KB · Views: 50
  • SA-14 Archer XL.jpg
    SA-14 Archer XL.jpg
    62.1 KB · Views: 46
  • oop_ncr_archer.rkt
    54.1 KB · Views: 17
Last edited:
Thank you - I'm looking at a NCR 3510 SA 14 Archer kit that doesn't have the instructions. I can figure out how the centering rings are placed, but I don't think the balsa fin stock is die-cut, so I would need the template for those.

Thank you - I'm looking at a NCR 3510 SA 14 Archer kit that doesn't have the instructions. I can figure out how the centering rings are placed, but I don't think the balsa fin stock is die-cut, so I would need the template for those.
Hi,
I have an NCR 3510 in a box in my build pile. I can try to scan the instructions and get them to you.
I will be in touch once I can get the plans out and try to scan them.
Cheers,
Jon

Happy Build!!!
I'm working on a 3" clone of the 4" Estes Kit using the thin wall light weight tubing.

Ah, this was a a great find.. considering I just obtained, through raffle, a NCR SA-14 in unopened box.

OK Boss, here is some items to chew on that might help with the 4" Archer 14 by Estes which was around 57.8" Long as compared to the very old pre-estes model by NCR that may have been the 62" normally referred to, even by NCR Estes. I included a copy of the NCR Estes data sheet that shows the rocket was 57.8" long and not 62" when made under NCR Estes. I don't have the measurements for the decal sheets, you may be able to work this out or just get with Sticker Shock:)

If you have Rocsim, I included to files, one from online and one I worked up some time ago. I can tell you that the forward fins are made from 1/4" balsa.

I'm not a expert on this model but I don't believe the newer 2.6" Archer 14 is a true down scale of the 4" model.

Hope this helps!

Hope this helps!
Hey there Flash!

These uploads are awesome. I am building a 4" Archer using an Aerotech G-Force for most of the parts as it is already 4" dia. I am wondering about the rocksim file; are these fins pretty much the size of what they were "dimension wise" that was in the NCR/Estes kit? I'm looking to simply verify the size of the fins in the digital file so i can have them laser cut.

Kevin

Back